best skin for standard def tv's (easy to read)
Hello, i have 3 htpc's and 2 xboxs running xbmx. The htpc's are all on hdtv's so i have no troubles and i absolutely love the mediastream skin, but i'm looking for something decent to try for the sdtv's. What i'm really looking for is something that is EASILY viewable with a really large font for the titles. The people who watch these tv's love xbmc but they always complain that the show titles are hard to read...so if anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

I DID search the forum before posting..and i didn't see exactly what i was looking for...if this was answered elsewhere i'm sorry...i'd appreciate any ideas
Hi, have you tried the default SD skin, PMIII?
Or MediaStream (it supports 4:3) with the larger font set?

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
i've tried mediastream but you can tell it's really made for hd...it's a beautiful skin but it just feels....cramped on sd....i don't need the eye candy so much on these tvs...i just need the older people in the house to be able to SEE what they are looking at....i figured this might be a common problem and there might be a skin made especially for this that i'm missing...

maybe my settings were off when i tried it last....
I'd like to know that too - I've just moved my AppleTV up to a standard def widescreen and came looking for a new skin Smile

Gotta say theres some really nice stuff come out recently, just a shame the Apple isn't really up to it in HD
try pmIII not pm3.hd
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
I really like XTV, works great for me
Another option may be modifying the skin's font sizes, I wrote a script to do that: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=56438
MC360 works greatSmile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
best skin for standard def tv's (easy to read)0