Same Compile Error for a couple days.
Nobody said it wouldn't be fixed.

And you can always install the newer version. Download the package from jaunty and see if it works to install it using dkpg.

Otherwise, I'm sure it will eventually be fixed.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Ah, okay man. That calms me down a lot... Wink Smile
I just reverted my svn to an older version. I finally got the new one to compile but then ended up getting the xbmc.bin error after sudo make install.

working now. I will try the smb dpkg install this weekend when I have some time and then upgrade.

Regards,

Dave
o_neill Wrote:And that won't be fixed? Shocked

I spend much time setting up my htpc with Hardy and everything works fine.
Nevertheless upgrading XBMC is sometimes needed, the latest skin releases e.g. most times require the latest svn builds.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who is still using Hardy and doesn't want to upgrade the entire os, just because of a lib?

you should be able to download and install my linux deb archive off of my site. Google XBMC Nightly

Craig
Main Rig [Scorpius] - Core i7 2600k @ 5Ghz. 16 Gig DDR3 1600. 1x HD 6990 1x HD 4870 Hackintosh [Chiana] - Core i5 @ 3.8Ghz. 12 Gig DDR3 Linux [Moya] - Core2 Duo E8200 - 2 Gigs DDR2 800 WHS [Zhaan] - DualCore [email protected] - 4 Gigs DDR2 800 VMC [Jothee] Core2 Quad @ 2.8Ghz 4 Gigs DDR2 800 VMC [Aeryn] Core2 E8400 @ 3.0Ghz 2 Gigs DDR2 800 2TB Server [Talyn] Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.0Ghz - 8 Gigs DDR2 1066 FileServer [Crichton] P4 650 3.4GHz - 2 Gigs DDR
XBMC svn (22138) compiles under Ubuntu 8.04 now. See README.ubuntu if you have problems with libmms.
Smile 
davilla Wrote:XBMC svn (22138) compiles under Ubuntu 8.04 now. See README.ubuntu if you have problems with libmms.

Sadly it's not here, same error. I followed the instructions for wget'ing the newer SMB code and building\installing it - I didn't try to install any other packages. If I'm the only one with the issue still then I'm doing something wrong! Eek

I'll try going through and cleaning etc. tomorrow as I'm beat for tonight but thought I'd report on this just in case I'm not the only one. Previous version I was using is working fine so it's not like anything's on fire for me here Laugh
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
It's not just you - Wattazoums's 8.10 (Intrepid) PPA builds are failing with SMB at the same point too.
have you guys tried running

For Ubuntu (all versions >= 7.04):

# sudo aptitude install subversion make g++ gcc gawk pmount libtool nasm automake cmake gperf unzip bison libsdl-dev libsdl-image1.2-dev libsdl-gfx1.2-dev libsdl-mixer1.2-dev libsdl-sound1.2-dev libfribidi-dev liblzo2-dev libfreetype6-dev libsqlite3-dev libogg-dev libasound-dev python-sqlite libglew-dev libcurl4-dev x11proto-xinerama-dev libxinerama-dev libxrandr-dev libxrender-dev libmad0-dev libogg-dev libvorbis-dev libsmbclient-dev libmysqlclient-dev libpcre3-dev libdbus-1-dev libhal-dev libhal-storage-dev libjasper-dev libfontconfig-dev libbz2-dev libboost-dev libfaac-dev libenca-dev libxt-dev libxtst-dev libxmu-dev libpng-dev libjpeg-dev libpulse-dev mesa-utils libcdio-dev libsamplerate-dev libmms-dev

Since it says for all version above 7.04 that SHOULD mean your dist as well.

now admittedly even when i run it i get a few that say they are incorrect or what ever, but should also give you the proper name of the package that will work on your dist as well. So if you run it and it says "libboost-dev" is part of a package blah blah try libboost2.deb blah blah. [yah i know it doesn't say blah blah, but I'm doing this out of memory and it is poor memory at that]

It's what I have done for well over a year now and it nearly always fixes me up unless there is a major bork in the svn branch to begin with.
Main Rig [Scorpius] - Core i7 2600k @ 5Ghz. 16 Gig DDR3 1600. 1x HD 6990 1x HD 4870 Hackintosh [Chiana] - Core i5 @ 3.8Ghz. 12 Gig DDR3 Linux [Moya] - Core2 Duo E8200 - 2 Gigs DDR2 800 WHS [Zhaan] - DualCore [email protected] - 4 Gigs DDR2 800 VMC [Jothee] Core2 Quad @ 2.8Ghz 4 Gigs DDR2 800 VMC [Aeryn] Core2 E8400 @ 3.0Ghz 2 Gigs DDR2 800 2TB Server [Talyn] Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.0Ghz - 8 Gigs DDR2 1066 FileServer [Crichton] P4 650 3.4GHz - 2 Gigs DDR
I googled quickly libsmbclient-dev jaunty, went to the deb download site for jaunty. It gives a list of mirrors.

FYI - the download page for jaunty - http://packages.ubuntu.com/jaunty/i386/l...v/download

From the above link you can dwnld and install the deb package yourself OR you can let APT install and set it up for you as I explain below.

first add this to your sources.list (Aug 23,09 EDIT - sources.list is in /etc/apt directory, edit using vi, vim, gedit or your one of choice)

deb http://mirrors.kernel.org/ubuntu jaunty main

save your edited sources.list file.

issue a sudo apt-get update
issue a sudo apt-get install libsmbclient-dev

it will install a few updates with it and stops and restarts a few services and updates glibc at the same time.

Then remove the above deb line from your /etc/apt/sources.list and save the file, if you do not remove the line ubuntu will try and update everything in your 8.10 build.

Works for me, I have updated and built two svn's since do a reboot of your system when completed, i had 100% cpu usage on both cores and free mem was running wild, upon reboot I had normal readings.

Dave
TheQuestor Wrote:have you guys tried running

For Ubuntu (all versions >= 7.04):

# sudo aptitude install subversion make g++ gcc gawk pmount libtool nasm automake cmake gperf unzip bison libsdl-dev libsdl-image1.2-dev libsdl-gfx1.2-dev libsdl-mixer1.2-dev libsdl-sound1.2-dev libfribidi-dev liblzo2-dev libfreetype6-dev libsqlite3-dev libogg-dev libasound-dev python-sqlite libglew-dev libcurl4-dev x11proto-xinerama-dev libxinerama-dev libxrandr-dev libxrender-dev libmad0-dev libogg-dev libvorbis-dev libsmbclient-dev libmysqlclient-dev libpcre3-dev libdbus-1-dev libhal-dev libhal-storage-dev libjasper-dev libfontconfig-dev libbz2-dev libboost-dev libfaac-dev libenca-dev libxt-dev libxtst-dev libxmu-dev libpng-dev libjpeg-dev libpulse-dev mesa-utils libcdio-dev libsamplerate-dev libmms-dev

Since it says for all version above 7.04 that SHOULD mean your dist as well.

now admittedly even when i run it i get a few that say they are incorrect or what ever, but should also give you the proper name of the package that will work on your dist as well. So if you run it and it says "libboost-dev" is part of a package blah blah try libboost2.deb blah blah. [yah i know it doesn't say blah blah, but I'm doing this out of memory and it is poor memory at that]

It's what I have done for well over a year now and it nearly always fixes me up unless there is a major bork in the svn branch to begin with.

Umm yes of course as that is the first thing I do when the Readme changes. I just tried it again and there's no updates. I suspect what I will likely do is backup my system and update to a newer version of Ubuntu. It's obviously been awhile and so long as it's working fine for others I don't mind moving up. However it's a little scary since everything I need just works right now except this compile. HDMI video\Audio VDPAU etc....
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
Upgrading my HTPC from Intrepid to Jaunty is a bit of a mission since it's installed on a 4Gb Compact Flash IDE drive. Only ~150Mb free on the root partition so not enough to upgrade. Oh, and it took ages to get MythTV finally running smoothly with the Digital Terrestrial HD content here in New Zealand so I'm loath to go through that again anytime soon without a really good reason.

I got around this Samba related compile issue by downloading the 3.3.7 source and compiling and installing directly. Seemed easier than pointing to a repo that had updates for lots of other things as well and then turning off the repo. There are a heap of dependencies to install if using the later Ubuntu Jaunty Samba version that I wasn't too confident about.

Seems to be working fine thus far.
dteirney Wrote:Upgrading my HTPC from Intrepid to Jaunty is a bit of a mission since it's installed on a 4Gb Compact Flash IDE drive. Only ~150Mb free on the root partition so not enough to upgrade. Oh, and it took ages to get MythTV finally running smoothly with the Digital Terrestrial HD content here in New Zealand so I'm loath to go through that again anytime soon without a really good reason.

I got around this Samba related compile issue by downloading the 3.3.7 source and compiling and installing directly. Seemed easier than pointing to a repo that had updates for lots of other things as well and then turning off the repo. There are a heap of dependencies to install if using the later Ubuntu Jaunty Samba version that I wasn't too confident about.

Seems to be working fine thus far.

Acshually. Compiling and installing did bad stuff. Recommend doing the update from Jaunty using apt-get as in Rodercot's instructions.
I'm on 8.10 and I did the readme.ubuntu apt-get's to install anything missing which was just libsmbclient-dev. It woulnd't configure without it. Doing the make command errors out the same as others. This is svn 22207.

Code:
xbmc/FileSystem/filesystem.a(FileSmb.o): In function `CSMB::URLEncode(CStdStr<char> const&)':
/home/xbmc/XBMC/xbmc/FileSystem/FileSmb.cpp:276: undefined reference to `smbc_urlencode'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [xbmc.bin] Error 1
i have the same problem as tyche
http://pastebin.com/m6913b2db

i cant figure it out
EMK0 Wrote:i have the same problem as tyche
http://pastebin.com/m6913b2db

i cant figure it out

If you are using Ubuntu 8.10 (Intrepid) you need to install the libsmbclient-dev package from 9.04 (Jaunty).

Rodercot has supplied some instructions earlier in this thread.

Ubuntu 8.10 uses Samba 2.3.2 which has a problem with the libsmbclient-dev library from what I understand. That problem was fixed in Samba 2.3.3 which is available in Ubuntu 9.04. Note that you only need to update the libsmbclient-dev package, you don't need to update Samba.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Same Compile Error for a couple days.0