• 4(current)
1080p Mini ITX HD HTPC Solution
Kieron Wrote:Argh... don't Zotac themselves have any information on this? I mean, them being the manufacturers and all, they should have some idea when it will be hitting stores.

I am guessing sometime next month, as newegg has just dropped its price a little on all the current revisions. Missed out on $10 saving, and free shipping Sad
Was on eHome Upgrade and saw a couple of more alternatives to the mini HTPC

This is got a larger CPU, and might be the choice for reliable performance - although I am not sure about the intergrated graphics.
http://www.ehomeupgrade.com/2009/08/13/l...ctor-htpc/

This one is closer to what we have been discussing, but come with built in remote and dvd writer by the look of things.
http://www.ehomeupgrade.com/2009/08/12/v...mini-htpc/
Thanks for those I had a look.

Does anyone know any good websites where I can search for and compare cases with reviews and everything... I specifically need a case with IR, I want to spend well on a nice one, visuals is important for me now.
Case wise, I've decided to go for the Antec Micro Fusion Remote VERIS, plus the Asus P5E-VM HDMI.
Kieron Wrote:Case wise, I've decided to go for the Antec Micro Fusion Remote VERIS, plus the Asus P5E-VM HDMI.

Good case.
But with the Intel G35 chipset that board is far from ideal for HTPC use.
I was under the impression that it had the gf9300 for some reason... maybe because all the reviews were comparing them or something.

Well I've decided for now I'm going to decorate, and then at the end of the month / start of next month I'm going to go onto looking into what components are best again. Hopefully the new zotac revision will be out by then.

Thanks everyone for all your help, and I'll post back on this thread soon!

Kieron
ion_man Wrote:t my understanding is that wake-on-usb works on all of them apart from the Zotac (and the new revision of the Zotac, which will be available soon, will have wake-on-usb too).

I have had a Zotac ION that supports Wake on USB for a month now. In Australia, all stock of the old revision has been sold, and the new revision has been selling for quite some time.
snoxbox Wrote:I have had a Zotac ION that supports Wake on USB for a month now. In Australia, all stock of the old revision has been sold, and the new revision has been selling for quite some time.

We are talking about the Zotac GF9300-D-E ITX (for C2D cpus), not the ION.
ion_man Wrote:Good case.
But with the Intel G35 chipset that board is far from ideal for HTPC use.

I have to sasy, this is the MB in my main HTPC and I have no issues with it. I have never tried playing HD content with it, as I installed a graphics card before I had any HD content to test out.
*Re: GA-E7AUM-DS2H Wont boot.

Hello. I have just got this motherboard too. I can't get it to boot Sad. I have it out of the case now and with just 1 Oz 2gb ddr2 stick, the CPU Core 2, SATA hard drive and a 400w psu (also tried the 350w from the htpc elonox case) all I see is the 4 RAM phase lights lit up the psu fan running and the CPU fan running, although the CPU fan looks slow to me.

The monitor is connected via dvi for now but I can't see anything on the screen. I tried the 2nd ram stick I bought instead and even an older celeron 775 CPU I had in the board but I get the same result. *

Any ideas anyone? I'm a bit stuck as I've never had any problems building a new pc before. *
Mobilecables Wrote:*Re: GA-E7AUM-DS2H Wont boot.

Hello. I have just got this motherboard too. I can't get it to boot Sad. I have it out of the case now and with just 1 Oz 2gb ddr2 stick, the CPU Core 2, SATA hard drive and a 400w psu (also tried the 350w from the htpc elonox case) all I see is the 4 RAM phase lights lit up the psu fan running and the CPU fan running, although the CPU fan looks slow to me.

The monitor is connected via dvi for now but I can't see anything on the screen. I tried the 2nd ram stick I bought instead and even an older celeron 775 CPU I had in the board but I get the same result. *

Any ideas anyone? I'm a bit stuck as I've never had any problems building a new pc before. *

Wrong thread I feel matey.
Mobilecables Wrote:Any ideas anyone? I'm a bit stuck as I've never had any problems building a new pc before. *

RMA it, DOA boards happen.
Sorry for troubling you guys, but some of you seem very certain on how to get a fluid 1080p xbmc machine up and running.

So is, Zotac GF9300 rev. 3 the only thing around with wake on usb for us to wait on?

I've searched for it, and there is a version with Zotac GF9300 itx wifi and Zotac GF9300 m atx.
- How to know if you have the rev 3 with wake on usb - I think the webshops are to lazy to update information.

thx in adavance
dvined Wrote:So is, Zotac GF9300 rev. 3 the only thing around with wake on usb for us to wait on?

wake-on-usb works on most/all recent Asus/Gigabyte boards, it's just not yet working on this particular Zotac board (which happens to be the only Geforce9300 ITX board available AFAIK).

dvined Wrote:I've searched for it, and there is a version with Zotac GF9300 itx wifi and Zotac GF9300 m atx.

The GF9300 mATX, is a different board, it's a microATX board, not a miniITX.
If you don't need the miniITX form factor, then the Asus or Gigabyte mATX boards listed in the linuxtech.net article are better than this Zotac mATX.
The Zotac GF9300 ITX wifi is unique because you get a GF9300 on a miniITX sized board.

dvined Wrote:- How to know if you have the rev 3 with wake on usb - I think the webshops are to lazy to update information.

The only way to know is open the box and look at the revision printed on the board, so most webshops won't know either.
I'm waiting to hear confirmed reports of people receiving revision 3 boards on forums and I'm also in touch with a local dealer who will tell me once he gets revision 3 boards.

If all you want is a small fluid 1080p xbmc machine then you can get a Atom+ION based board or nettop too, no need to wait for the Zotac GF9300 ITX.
The Zotac Atom+ION boards support wake-on-usb already.

There are many people here using Atom+ION systems with no problems with XBMC Live or XBMC for Linux.
Hello Ion Man.

Well actually, I'm looking for the most silent (usb/flash disk?) and most low powered using system.

I take, most of these can handle big nice skins for xbmc.

I read this was very power-use friendly -> ASUS Eee Box B202

Can you recommend some or maybe you've heard something. the article you linked to seems a bit dated on the system Smile
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
1080p Mini ITX HD HTPC Solution0