Super Slow Menu's
Hello all,

I'm a long time XBMC on XBOX user, but have decided to switch to XBMC for Linux because the original xbox just couldn't handle my new TVBig Grin.

I'm attempting to use a Pentium 4 Laptop with a Geforce2go graphics controller. I just did a fresh install of Ubuntu 9.04 and have applied all available updates. I've installed XBMC from PPA (also tried the svn builds).

I'm having a problem where the menus are nearly impossible to navigate. I can make selections but it takes almost a minute for the screen to change after pressing a key. I have tried running in windowed and full-screen mode with the same result. The mouse pointer is not visible in the XBMC window.

Has anyone seen this issue? I understand that the hardware I'm using isn't the best, but I would think that the menus should be more responsive than this. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you in advance!

The vitals:

9.04.2+svn22146-jaunty1

Ubuntu Linux 9.04 (Kernel 2.6.28-14-generic) [i686]

Installed from PPA, then PPA-svn

# Detailed Instructions to Reproduce the Problem (The more specific the better.)
start xbmc, attempt to navigate menu

LOG: http://pastebin.com/f795239ba

Brief set of system specs
Pentium 4-M 1.70Ghz , 384MB DDR SDRAM
Intel i845 [Brookdale] Chipset
Geforce2Go (Nv11) (Binary driver from ubuntu repo's installed and in use, direct rendering enabled)

Please let me know if there any more useful information I can supply.
"Geforce2go" even the xbox has a gforce4 card
Jezz_X Wrote:"Geforce2go" even the xbox has a gforce4 card

Like I said, Its not the best hardware in the world, but it certainly should still be able to draw the menu's.
Hast you installed the open source driver or the driver from the nvidia page? Maybe XBMC and Ubuntu didn't detect your graphic card correctly so that the cpu do everything incl. rendering. No hardware acceleration.
thebisht Wrote:Like I said, Its not the best hardware in the world, but it certainly should still be able to draw the menu's.

Says who? We have minimum requirements for a reason. The fact that XBMC even runs on your system is surprising to me. Most of the OpenGL we use must be running on the CPU, hence the slowness.
You could turn off menu animation and that should get you some extra frames.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Super Slow Menu's0