TV functions/mediaportal & xbmc
I recently built a windows htpc box. I installed mediaportal on it and also xbmc.
Mediaportal obviously for the tv functions but as i moved from xbmc on an xbox i have all my tv episodes and movies nicely setup and love the skins. mediaportal in that area just isn't as good.

i have read through various threads about adding frontends for mediaportal etc to xbmc but most seem to offer nothing concrete as far as if it will ever happen or when it might happen.

Is there any real serious work going on in this area? mythtv seems to be supported but considering the vast majority of htpc boxes out there are probably on windows that doesn't do much for the windows users and mediaportal seems to be the popular choice for windows users. (the mythtv on windows port is a joke)

I would love to see this added properly and done in a nice way and be easy to set up or at least know if it is planned or being worked on.
As far as I know there is work being done in this area in the unified PVR branch. I think this is the correct thread. At the moment this is still heavily work in progress and it might take a while until this makes it into the main branch. Once it is done it should be possible to create addons for XBMC to interact with pretty much any TV application including MediaPortal TV Server.
Ahh thanks, I hope it goes well & quickly Smile, it obviously is the one thing missing from xbmc that will make it a full media solution.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV functions/mediaportal & xbmc0