USB Remote Control -> LIRC ?
Hi all,

I got my XBMC running smoothly on my ASRock 330 but now I would like to add some kind of remote control feature. I have a Trust Wireless Vista Remote Control RC-2400 (http://www.trust.com/products/product.aspx?artnr=15254)

If I understood correctly, I need to install Lirc and configure that .. well that seems to be the problem already. I can't seem to figure out how to configure it. I know where the configuration files are and such how to get the hardware running I'm not sure.

Furthermore I seem to have read that Lirc does not support USB remote control...

Can somebody point me in the right direction ? Maybe another program I need ...
Quote:Furthermore I seem to have read that Lirc does not support USB remote control...
. It does, but configure it with HID device (seen as keyb + mouse by linux) seem to be a struggle. If you device is a HID there is a thread about that.

If it is "non HID" MCE remote like mine you only need to select windows MCE remote in LIRC config and it should then work,
lirc supports usb, I run the original xbox remote from usb (rebuilt the reciever to plug in to usb).

lirc is all you should install. look at lirc.org for your remotes config files (otherwise you need to configure it yourself)
Oke thanks for the quick response.
I've still got an old Ir receiver dongle from my original XBOX.

I'm now going to change it like blittan and will try to configure it.
I have the same remote. Any one have the config or have it working on linux?

-- EDIT

Using irrecord (thank god for that, or its programmer) I have now been able to get the correct config file for the Trust RC-2400 Vista remote controller. Here it is ladies:

Quote:# Please make this file available to others
# by sending it to <[email protected]>
#
# this config file was automatically generated
# using lirc-0.8.6(default) on Mon Aug 16 17:53:21 2010
#
# contributed by
#
# brand: c
# model no. of remote control:
# devices being controlled by this remote:
#

begin remote

name trust-rc-2400
bits 13
flags RC6
eps 30
aeps 100

header 2670 850
one 435 428
zero 435 428
pre_data_bits 24
pre_data 0x1BFF82
gap 69850
toggle_bit_mask 0x8000
rc6_mask 0x100000000

begin codes
KEY_UP 0x0BE1
KEY_DOWN 0x0BE0
KEY_LEFT 0x0BDF
KEY_RIGHT 0x0BDE
KEY_ENTER 0x0BDD
KEY_VOLUMEUP 0x0BEF
KEY_VOLUMEDOWN 0x0BEE
KEY_STOP 0x0BE6
KEY_PLAY 0x0BE9
KEY_PAUSE 0x0BE7
KEY_I 0x0BF0
KEY_TAB 0x0BF2
KEY_BACK 0x0BDC
KEY_MUTE 0x0BF1
KEY_BACKSPACE 0x0BDC
KEY_CHANNELUP 0x0BED
KEY_CHANNELDOWN 0x0BEC
KEY_FASTFORWARD 0x0BEB
KEY_FORWARD 0x0BE5
KEY_POWER 0x0BF3
KEY_SUBTITLE 0x0BA5
KEY_REWIND 0x0BEA
end codes

end remote

put it under /etc/lirc/lircd.conf and start lircd with the default driver. Something like this:

Quote:lircd --driver=default --device=/dev/lirc1 --output=/var/run/lirc/lircd --pidfile=/var/run/lirc/lircd.pid --listen

You can also check that everything is ok with

Quote:irw /var/run/lirc/lircd

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
USB Remote Control -> LIRC ?0