Disabled features in PC version?
Are certain features disabled in the XBMC builds available for non-Xbox platforms? Is this a universal thing, or bespoke to a particular PC based on its hardware abilities?

I've transitioned from XBMC on Xbox to an HTPC. Minus a few niggling issues, I'm quite happy with it. But one or two of my favourite features are now missing, like Dynamic Range Compression. There is no documentation on the XBMC online manual that I can find that details why this is missing from the PC version.

DRC is vital for me, I have plenty of movies that have quite conversation and horrifically loud violence and 'splosions right next to each other. Scares the crap out of me without it when I'm watching at night! Why is this feature missing? I'm pretty sure a couple of other useful tidbits have vanished in the migration to XBMC on PC, too - again this seems to be undocumented.

Any ideas?

EDIT: as an afterthought, I do know XBMC development focuses more on the linux side of things. Is it more feature complete on that platform?
Search before posting please. From just 5 days ago:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ompression

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I *HAD* searched for information before posting, I do know my way around forums Laugh looks like I didn't search hard enough if I missed a five-day-old thread though!

Anyway, my questions answered, so thanks very much. Still a bit surprised this has no prior documentation, or perhaps I just failed to find that too! Rofl

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Disabled features in PC version?0