Apple Trailers still not working?
Question 
Hi!

After my vacation I had to realize that the trailers won't start anymore. After selecting a trailer, the plugin tries to download it, then comes a "demux" message and that's it - I get back to the trailers' menu.

Any ideas?
Do a search, it has been discussed recently. I believe something to do with apple changing something on their end.
Hey guys,

I have spent a few hours googling for any solution to my little problem. I am running the latest version off of the site on Windows Vista 64bit using a clean install, and I cannot get the Apple Trailers to play. They will download fine but will fail to open. The first two attempts nothing happens, but the third attempt I get a playlist error: Too many failed streams message. Here is my logfile. Any advice, solution, or is there no work around for the changes at Apple?

http://pastebin.com/m6a9e356

Thanks guys,

Mike

EDIT: Just to clarify, I go to Videos->Plugins->Apple Trailers If I go through Scripts it will work as long as I have it set to download then play.
Exclamation 
Yeah, you're right. It's in http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=33693 I had performed a search but got thousands of hits. Now I tried one result by chance - et voilá Wink
Can anyone tell me if apple trailers are still down? or is it me?
I can see all categories but when trying to stream them on my xbox half the time I get a demux message and then nothing and the other half I get "too many consecutive failed items". This happens on some other sites as well although I can download the trailers and view them but streaming is so much better.
I would really like to know if this is happening to everybody or have i screwed up my settings somehow.
If it is Apples fault is the problem being worked on.
Thanks in advance from a complete nOOb about all this. Have only just discovered what my xbox is truly capable of.
Rofl
i'm having problems too
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/6983
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
stone2 Wrote:Can anyone tell me if apple trailers are still down? or is it me?
I can see all categories but when trying to stream them on my xbox half the time I get a demux message and then nothing and the other half I get "too many consecutive failed items". This happens on some other sites as well although I can download the trailers and view them but streaming is so much better.
I would really like to know if this is happening to everybody or have i screwed up my settings somehow.
If it is Apples fault is the problem being worked on.
Thanks in advance from a complete nOOb about all this. Have only just discovered what my xbox is truly capable of.
Rofl
After some experimentation I have discovered some trailers and it seems only old movie trailers will stream. Anyone else have the same experience?
And is this problem being worked on by the experts?
On closer inspection I found that that URLs for the newer non-streamable trailers contain additional characters. If I try the URL shown in the xbmc log directly in a browser I land in the Apple movies main page. If I then search for the trailer I find that the correct URL is slightly different - eg the trailer URL in the DB has an extra 'h' before the resolution value. The URL is OK for download - do Apple use 2 different URLs now?

John

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple Trailers still not working?0