Norwegian needs some XBMC and aeon help
Smile 
Hi.

I'm trying to set up my new HTPC with XBMC and aeon theme.
I've downloaded xbmc and installed it.
I've altso downloaded Aeon through something called ASM update.
Now I'm trying to make my XBMC look fantastic with information and pictures about the movies and so on.

I have tried to look through a bunch of how-to threads and cook books, but my english isn't all that good and I was hoping that someone could help me out a bit.

So first of all, is what I've done so far correct? Is the aeon theme supposed to be installed through something called asm update?
And second, what do i do next to make it look nice?
Best advice Grap this Mod it has everything you need HERE
use the first link in that thread to download and i suggest using Ember to get all the best details you need to get this looking sweet
Smile 
I'm gonna jump in this thread as I'm a new user just like thamule, I'm guessing he already visited the thread linked to as the ASM update hes referring to is the 2. line in the thread.

My setup is at the moment excatly the same as thamules and like him I'd like help to move on.

@Ram2000: Ember looks interesting, but could you clarify what is "does"?

I would like to say sorry for the questions that comes with being a beginner, hope I'm a quick learner :-)
hi thamule

I've tried the asmupdate and think doing it manual with git is a better choice. i wrote a small post on a Norwegian forum if you wanna do it the hard way Big Grin

not sure if you understand Norwegian KORDO, but i should have written the same howto on this forum in English. gonna search for it and post it in this post when i find it.
English guide
KOROR Wrote:@Ram2000: Ember looks interesting, but could you clarify what is "does"?
Ember is a media manager it will create all the files XBMC looks for when display movies
XBMC will grab this info on its own but with ember you can customize it to look ALOT better
Thanks for all the replies.

I got a bit frustrated when I was trying to make xbmc look nice, in the mean time I installed mediaportal on Win XP. It seems to be a bit easier to configure, XBMC looks nicer though. But for now I'll stick to mediaportal and try to convert to xbmc as time goes on.
it's only much work the first time u install it. updating is smooth. kinda wish xbmc program was on github too instead of the slow updater.

good luck with medieportal. never tried it so no idea what it does Big Grin
@Ram: So is ember to be used instead of the built-in scraber and if so, will scrabing with Ember add new added items such as movies to xbmc Movies library?

@zwat, I read norwegian just fine, I've looked at your manual and will look better at it later, one quick question though, I've can't find SVN Repo and i can't find games where you write to run it under? :-(
KOROR Wrote:@Ram: So is ember to be used instead of the built-in scraber and if so, will scrabing with Ember add new added items such as movies to xbmc Movies library?
(
I would say more to be used as well as its not actually needed but gives you better control over what you see on the screen in xbmc
Because Ember saves teh files local to your movies xbmc will pick that up before looking on the net to scrape.
KOROR Wrote:@zwat, I read norwegian just fine, I've looked at your manual and will look better at it later, one quick question though, I've can't find SVN Repo and i can't find games where you write to run it under? :-(

u gotta go to settings\cusomise\shortcuts\ and toggle games

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Norwegian needs some XBMC and aeon help1