keyboard shortcut for 'Now Playing'
hi guys,

i'm trying to find a way to map the 'now playing' screen to a keyboard button, so it's accessible without going through the context menu. i didn't see anything listed here:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Global_Keyboard

any way to do this?

thanks...
This can be done using the Keymap.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Keymap.xml

Find the section you want. For example if you're watching a video that the section you want is called something like "FullScreenVideo" or something like that.

Then find the device you're looking to change the key for, this would be keyboard.

Then find the button you want to be assign the action to. Each button has it's on section defined by the button name. The button names are actually at the end of the Keymap.xml article on the wiki.

If the button you desire is not listed you can add it from the list.

Once the button is found you can change the action. Available actions are also listed on that page.

The action you'll want to use is XBMC.ActivateWindow(WindowIDGoesHere)

The problem is I don't know what the "Now Playing" window is called.

The Window IDs can be found here:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Window_IDs

It's also referenced on the Keymap.xml page.
it's mapped to space by default (while browsing the media windows)
ah, so space has a double-function ('pause' and 'now playing')...good to know. thanks.
So, how to map now playing to keyboard?
matejdro Wrote:So, how to map now playing to keyboard?

Open your userdata folder. This will be %appdata%\xbmc\userdata. A quick way to open the folder is to press Windows-R to open the Run dialog, type in %appdata%\xbmc\userdata and click OK.

In the userdata folder is a folder called keymaps. In this folder create a file called keyboard.xml containing:

Code:
<keymap>
  <FullscreenVideo>
    <keyboard>
      <space>ActivateWindow(videoplaylist)</space>
    </keyboard>
  </FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>

This will configure the space bar to show what is playing when you have a video playing full screen. Press Tab to get back to the video.

JR
Thank you, but i meant a shortcut to go back to the video. Like if you would click the video on the sidebar. Not the playlist.

EDIT: found it, it's on tab by default.
Or move down to the video window until it's highlighted and press enter/select.
Yeah i know but i wanted to open it without sidebar. Thank you anyway.
I know this thread is a little old, but just wanted to post my solution. Pretty much consistent with above, just using the window ID of "fullscreenvideo". I wanted a more specific key binding, where I have one key (e.g. 'p') that will do two functions. When watching a video it will pause or play the video, otherwise if your are anywhere else (in a menu or something) it will bring the focus back to the video (same has hitting now playing).

Relevant code in keyboard.xml:

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <p>ActivateWindow(fullscreenvideo)</p>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
  <Fullscreenvideo>
    <keyboard>
      <p>Play</p>
    </keyboard>
  </FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>
greetings from the future
if someone else google for this, the keyboard shortcut for now playing video is "TAB"
Ryzen 1500X, 2x8GB 3000 DDR4, RX 560 4GB, 250GB EVO, Windows 10

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
keyboard shortcut for 'Now Playing'0