Adding only black/night textures to Aeon Auriga
Question 
So I've spend a fair amount of time tweaking/self-modding Aeon to my tastes, nothing like some of the awesome mods on this forum, of course, just the odd change here and there. I'd now like to incorporate the black/night textures as seen here in `Blacks Mod (and also in Hitchers Mod) but don't want to trash over all the other little changes I've spent quite a lot of time doing. Is there some way I can incorporate the black textures without undoing all the work so far...?
You can i did this with hitchers mod i just overwrote the the original files with those from `Blacks mod, and no it won't interfere with any of your mods but just check your not overwriting any image files you have altered yourself previously, and you should be fine
Ps you will need xprexpress to extract the textures .xpr you can get it from Blackbolts website
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Thanks for the reply.

I've now downloaded the latest 'Black Aeon mod from github but there doesn't appear to be any xpr texture files within it. Apologies if I'm missing something here, but could I not just copy the png's from /media/list, /media/mutiplex etc. and overwrite my current Aeon one's to acheive the same effect?
snowdrift Wrote:Thanks for the reply.

I've now downloaded the latest 'Black Aeon mod from github but there doesn't appear to be any xpr texture files within it. Apologies if I'm missing something here, but could I not just copy the png's from /media/list, /media/mutiplex etc. and overwrite my current Aeon one's to acheive the same effect?
No my appologies. I should have explained better i am using hitchers mod and it includes all Blacks textures in the form of Black.xpr i extracted that and over wrote all the light textures in the main skin that way there is now only black in it. you could do the same with black's mod but you will have to rename all your black textures to the same as the light ones, if you have the time and patience, my advice would be to download hitchers as it has all the same features as black's and more. and just replace the light textures with those from the black.xpr which is what i did with my version.
Sorry if i led you up the garden pathBlush
Paul, why didn't you just use the Black texture?
Thanks Paul/Hitcher.

There's a thought. Could I not get my Auriga to use the black texture by simply putting Black.xpr in the right place then selecting it in Settings -> Appearance -> Themes (or is it Colours, I can't remember which right now)?

EDIT: OK, did that. It kindof worked and now I have black lists, multiplexes etc., except that some of the UI elements are still not correct, e.g. the thin lines separating list elements are still dark instead of light (to show up on the black background) and some of the floors are still light too. So it seems I still need to copy some of the black png's over the original Auriga files...?
Hitcher Wrote:Paul, why didn't you just use the Black texture?
Because i prefer my skins to have a small foot print, and also because i wanted to make a lot of changes to the textures and it simply made more sense to me, not offended you have i if so it was not my intentionRolleyes
snowdrift Wrote:Thanks Paul/Hitcher.

There's a thought. Could I not get my Auriga to use the black texture by simply putting Black.xpr in the right place then selecting it in Settings -> Appearance -> Themes (or is it Colours, I can't remember which right now)?

EDIT: OK, did that. It kindof worked and now I have black lists, multiplexes etc., except that some of the UI elements are still not correct, e.g. the thin lines separating list elements are still dark instead of light (to show up on the black background) and some of the floors are still light too. So it seems I still need to copy some of the black png's over the original Auriga files...?
It took me a while to get it just how i wanted it as no one mod replaced all of the light textures so I had to create a few extra ones but now i am really happy with it.SmileSmile
Sounds like a plan! Thanks for all the help and advice. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding only black/night textures to Aeon Auriga0