TV shows spread across multiple HDDs
Hi all,

I've using xbmc on the xbox for a long time and when I heard it was released for PC I thought I would give it a go, but being new to it I don't know if this is a problem or just me not doing soething right.

I have my TV shows on 2 500GB HDDs one with TV shows A-M and the other N-Z. I set the content to TV shows and that worked fine but if i try to view my tv shows in library mode it shows one folder with no files in it. Is there a way to get this to work?

I have all my tv shows named according to the naming convention eg showname s01e01.

Thanks for the help in advance
clean library, and make a Debug Log while scanning it to the library again, so we can see what happens. link is in my signature.
Here's the debug log

http://pastebin.com/m18394f82

Still doing the same thing. I think I may just be doing something wrong
don't use tv.com. it's not maintained
I changed from tv.com.

When I add the tv shows from one hdd only i get all the shows listed but then the season folders aren't there. I tried copying an episode to be straight in the main show folder eg episode one of american dad is inside the american dad folder but not in a season subfolder and it still doesn't pick up the episodes
I think it's because you're not following naming conventions
G:\Tv Shows N-Z\The Big Bang Theory\The Big Bang Theory - Season 2\The.Big.Bang.Theory.2x09.The.White.Asparagus.Triangulation.HDTV.XviD-FoV.avi

should be:
G:\Tv Shows N-Z\The Big Bang Theory\Season 2\The.Big.Bang.Theory.2x09.The.White.Asparagus.Triangulation.HDTV.XviD-FoV.avi

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=TV_Shows_%28...onventions
Seems it was a combination of wrong media source and a few folders not named right. Thanks for the help. Smile
Your naming conventions were fine. XBMC ignores folders between show and episodes (i.e. season folders) in the default regexps.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV shows spread across multiple HDDs0