[LIVE] Odd problem with LIRC, LCDProc (irtrans driver)
This is my first post so, I'll try to be as descriptive as possible.

This is my problem with my XBMC Live version, which is installed to a HTPC using a SAMSUNG USB VFD.
Using a lot of different links I've managed to do the following:

Properly compiled lcdproc to use the irtrans driver and get my VFD working.
Use lirc to utilize my Windows Media Remote Control

here is my problem.

I seem to be unable to setup LCDd (the lcdproc daemon) to autostart upon bootup, even though I followed the instructons to the letter it will not autostart, I can manually start it and it will work fine. But it will not autostart.

As soon as I started utilizing the irserver and LCDProc. XBMC does not pay attention to the remote. By that I mean the following. At first I thought I might have broken LIRC but I tested it with mode2 -d/dev/lirc0 and my remote displays data, and seems to be working fine. So I don't understand why it is now ignoring my remote control.

And help would be welcome, if any information on my end is needed to be posted please don't hesitate to ask.
Thanks.
It took only 10 more minutes of thinking but I finally got it.

It seems I just needed to add the -no_lirc argument to the irserver to fix the remote control problem

and I realized that the LCDd server was trying to boot before the irserver, so it wasn't working. I fixed that and all is well now.

Thanks anyway guys!
Hi i have a similar setup to you. Ahanix mce301 case with samsung vfd and im running on a fresh install of xbmc live Dharma 10.0

So far all iv done is remove lirc ready to install irtrans with the following: sudo apt-get purge lirc Now i need to install irtrans software and i guess a startup script to get my philips 197 mce remote to work could you show me how you acived this thanks.Huh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Odd problem with LIRC, LCDProc (irtrans driver)0