Music fanart in Albums container?
ok, just making sure i understood what you all were saying.
Ok I am interested I currently have mine set to run random images from a set Folder witch i got help with from reaven
But would like the fanart if it can be stored in the same folder as the album which it would appear yours does.
However My musicnav.xml has been modified so much looks nothing like yours any chance you could post the full listing ?
thanks
Of course! So many people have helped me on this forum, its probably about time I gave something back Smile

MyMusicNav.xml (pastebin link)

I guess the only difference is that mine uses a single piece of fanart instead of a multi-fanart slideshow. However, you could potentially replace the control starting on line 38 with a multi-image control (like in reavens mod) and specify <imagepath>$INFO[Skin.String(cdartpath)]/$INFO[ListItem.Artist]/</imagepath> (note that I've not actually tried that to see if it works, but it should do!)
snowdrift Wrote:Of course! So many people have helped me on this forum, its probably about time I gave something back Smile

MyMusicNav.xml (pastebin link)
thanks for this
I have just tried pasting this over mymusicnav.xml and i loose the low list option in fact I loose all options to change view :-(
Quite possibly. I have a home-modded Aeon Auriga and mine doesn't include the low list, so whilst I'm sorry it doesn't work for you, I guess I'm not suprised it breaks when you overwite your original MyMusicNav.xml with mine, especially as you said yours was so different (I presume you kept a copy... Eek).

Thats why I posted just the individual code snippet in the beginning, I never intended it to be a full replacement if you're running Hitched or Showmix etc., which include many extra features. My suggestion would be to attempt to cut & paste the bits you need, lines 38 - 45 control the album fanart (don't forget to add the cdartpath in guisettings.xml - see my first post).

Hope that helps.

EDIT: maybe someone could take this on and add it into Hitched/Showmix etc., it'd be neat to have it properly integrated into a full mod...?
just a quick headsup, as of r23013 xbmc has native support for showing fanart at album and song level: http://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/x...sion=23013
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Even better! Thanks for the tip. Nod

Couple of quick ones...

[1] Does that mean that the existing listitem.property(fanart_image) and/or container.property(fanart_image) tags will just work now? Basically, so you don't now need to add in the explicit paths.

[2] As I understood it, SVN builds greater than around 22516 were unstable at present due to code merges etc., has this been rectified now?

I appreciate you might not know the answers to the above and you were just pointing it out!!! Wink
snowdrift Wrote:Even better! Thanks for the tip. Nod

Couple of quick ones...

[1] Does that mean that the existing listitem.property(fanart_image) and/or container.property(fanart_image) tags will just work now? Basically, so you don't now need to add in the explicit paths.

yep, you can just use listitem.property(fanart_image) and fanart will show.

snowdrift Wrote:[2] As I understood it, SVN builds greater than around 22516 were unstable at present due to code merges etc., has this been rectified now?

i wouldn't advice to upgrade just yet. everything above 22528 is still considered unstable.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Cool. I'll leave my hacks where they are for now then :p
Is there a way to display artist fanart in MusicVis?
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Hi, temmi2000!
Artist fanart works for me in fullscreen music visualisation (see pic below).
Your mod also has this implemented (screenshot is actually from yours)
The necessary steps to make it work:
-artist folder with fanart.jpg in skin 'ex: C:\Program Files\XBMC\skin\Aeon\media\backdrops\artist_fanart\Ida Corr\fanart.jpg' (the regular fanart.jpg located on artist folder lever is for browsing/views purposes, and doesn't have nothing to do with MusicVis)
-disable ANY OTHER visualisation inside xbmc (this breaks the fanart from showing in musicvis)
That's SETTINGS-Music-General-Visualisation-None (none instead any other vis type)
sergiocos Wrote:Hi, temmi2000!
Artist fanart works for me in fullscreen music visualisation (see pic below).
Your mod also has this implemented (screenshot is actually from yours)
The necessary steps to make it work:
-artist folder with fanart.jpg in skin 'ex: C:\Program Files\XBMC\skin\Aeon\media\backdrops\artist_fanart\Ida Corr\fanart.jpg' (the regular fanart.jpg located on artist folder lever is for browsing/views purposes, and doesn't have nothing to do with MusicVis)
-disable ANY OTHER visualisation inside xbmc (this breaks the fanart from showing in musicvis)
That's SETTINGS-Music-General-Visualisation-None (none instead any other vis type)

yes i know that, but it´s only a workaround and I guess not everyone wants to create all the folders , so it would be nice if we´d be able to use the natively supported artist fanart.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
temmi2000 Wrote:Is there a way to display artist fanart in MusicVis?

Yes, in almost exactly the same way as you do for the album fanart discussed earlier in the thread. In my musicvisualisation.xml, I have this near the top:

Code:
<control type="largeimage">
        <include>FullscreenDimensions</include>
        [color=green]<texture>$INFO[Skin.String(cdartpath)]/$INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist]/$INFO[MusicPlayer.Album]/fanart.jpg</texture>[/color]
          <!--<aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>-->
          <fadetime>400</fadetime>
          <include>Animation_FanartFade</include>
          <visible>!Visualisation.Enabled + Player.HasAudio</visible>
    </control>

Note the the line in green uses the fanart from the album level. I do this as I have a lot of "Various Artists" albums, so I put the artist fanart at the album level to get a single piece of fanart for these types of albums). If you always want the artist fanart, then replace that line with this:

Code:
[color=green]<texture>$INFO[Skin.String(cdartpath)]/$INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist]/fanart.jpg</texture>[/color]

It uses the cdartpath defined in my first post, so you don't have to have duplicate all your fanart.jpg's from where you have your music to a different place.

Yes, it *is* a workaround, but does the job for me until XBMC natively supports it (see post #21 for when this might happen).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music fanart in Albums container?0