Help with doing Jaunty Minimal install on ASUS P2-M2A690G
Hi, I've been trying to do a Jaunty minimal install on the ASUS P2-M2A690G Barebones using the guide here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=38804

The embeded graphics card in the barebones case is an Ati Radeon X1250 HDMI, so I've been following the Ati guide and downloaded the driver package on this page: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/li...ng=English as it seems to be the only one available.

Code:
root@xbmc-kitchen:/home/xbmc# ./ati-driver-installer-9-3-x86.x86_64.run --buildpkg Ubuntu/jaunty
Created directory fglrx-install.bhKexT
Verifying archive integrity... All good.
Uncompressing ATI Proprietary Linux Driver-8.593...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
==================================================
ATI Technologies Linux Driver Installer/Packager
==================================================
Generating package: Ubuntu/jaunty
Package /home/xbmc/xorg-driver-fglrx_8.593-0ubuntu1_i386.deb has been successfully generated
Package /home/xbmc/xorg-driver-fglrx-dev_8.593-0ubuntu1_i386.deb has been successfully generated
Package /home/xbmc/fglrx-kernel-source_8.593-0ubuntu1_i386.deb has been successfully generated
Package /home/xbmc/fglrx-amdcccle_8.593-0ubuntu1_i386.deb has been successfully generated
Package /home/xbmc/fglrx-modaliases_8.593-0ubuntu1_i386.deb has been successfully generated
Package /home/xbmc/libamdxvba1_8.593-0ubuntu1_i386.deb has been successfully generated
Removing temporary directory: fglrx-install.bhKexT

root@xbmc-kitchen:/home/xbmc# dpkg -i fglrx-kernel-source_8.593-0ubuntu1_i386.deb
(Reading database ... 51496 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace fglrx-kernel-source 2:8.593-0ubuntu1 (using fglrx-kernel-source_8.593-0ubuntu1_i386.deb) ...
Removing all DKMS Modules
Done.
Unpacking replacement fglrx-kernel-source ...
Setting up fglrx-kernel-source (2:8.593-0ubuntu1) ...
Adding Module to DKMS build system
Doing initial module build
Installing initial module
Done.

root@xbmc-kitchen:/home/xbmc# dpkg -i xorg-driver-fglrx_8.593-0ubuntu1_i386.deb
(Reading database ... 51496 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace xorg-driver-fglrx 2:8.593-0ubuntu1 (using xorg-driver-fglrx_8.593-0ubuntu1_i386.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement xorg-driver-fglrx ...
Setting up xorg-driver-fglrx (2:8.593-0ubuntu1) ...

Processing triggers for man-db ...
Processing triggers for libc6 ...
ldconfig deferred processing now taking place

Then I reboot and

Code:
xbmc@xbmc-kitchen:~$ fglrxinfo
Error: unable to open display (null)

So I'm assuming that somthing went wrong above, but I'm still prety noob at linux, so I'm a little lost as to what's up...

I have followed the rest of the installation guide through, but I can't get any display from the point where the splash is supposed to appear.

Anyone got any clues please?

Ta very much in advance.
Most played tunes last week:
XBMC + lastfm = goodness :D

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with doing Jaunty Minimal install on ASUS P2-M2A690G0