XBMC not retaining settings?
XBMC Build 22943
Rapier
Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2 32bit
dual core 1.86gz
2.75gigs RAM
nVidia GeForce 9500GT 1gig

Got somewhat of an odd one. It doesn't happen every time and it feels somewhat random when it happens. What's happening is that I'll start up XBMC and my settings will be completely changed/erased. For instance, I'll shut it down in the Rapier skin, but it'll start up in one of the Aeon skins. I'll set custom backdrops in Aeon and they'll disappear. The library will disappear completely so I have to rescan all the files. The source folders are still retained so I just have to rescan files but that's still somewhat annoying. I've also noticed that various TV shows will show up at times with no episodes even though they've been previously scanned in and loaded. Scan for new content loads all the episodes again and it goes on its merry way.

I'm not sure what information a nfo file would provide in this case since it's not happening every time nor what parts I should preform actions on to try to get it to duplicate it.

But if anyone has heard of this or seen this before and has some ideas I'm open to them. I know it's not someone else changing settings since this can happen as soon as just rebooting XBMC or hours or days between. I'm also the only one who uses the computer.

Thanks in advance
Sounds like you have 2 shortcuts for XBMC - one started with the -p command line arg and one without, and you're alternating which one is running.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Sounds like you have 2 shortcuts for XBMC - one started with the -p command line arg and one without, and you're alternating which one is running.
Bingo!

Wasn't two shortcuts persay. Ended up being that I had the main xbmc.exe file that I was executing inside the main folder while I was there messing with the advancedsettings.xml file and then I had the shortcut that showed up in the start menu. The start menu had the -p arguement. So I removed that and saved. Hopefully that'll do the trick.

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC not retaining settings?0