• 8(current)
Chokey's Project Mayhem Discussion
the views should be remebered - are they not?

it remembers most views here until i delete the savegame

about the cam - id rather go for another silver(-ish) cam

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

although i very much like the current camera used. (i agree that its not a type of camera that starts looking obsolete over time and thats a good choice). i also like something more simple like the camera i own and love, the sony dsc-t1.

http://www.idealav.com/item.asp?pid=79219
they are remembered but not on a folder per folder basis.
for instance as gwlip was saying, if you choose big icon view on the top level of for exemple a tv series smb share, when u go in the individual serie folder, sg-1 for example, the big icon view is also applied there when the detail view would actually be better since there could be so many files.

sorry for the misunderstanding Smile ho and tried ram yesterday and it looks good ... just still pissed off with the imdb search that doesnt retrive what it should on the 1st try :p shame that it doesnt pic up the folder.jpg as a thumbnail if one is present ... i guess if i rename it .tbn it will pick it up ?
well albumview does remeber the view

rembering settings for all folders is a bit too much i think (even windows cant handle this properly and i hate it) - maybe mapping "switch view" to a button would help?

Quote:i also like something more simple like the camera i own and love, the sony dsc-t1.

aw man i love this cam - im saving up a while now to get it (waiting for the black one thou, which is only available in japan by now) but i dont hink its a good icon for the skin - its just too square to be a good bg texture

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

hi all!

just going to put me in the line of everyone who loves the pm skin. you are the man chokey! :bowdown:

only one thing bothers me with the skin, i see some have kind of pointed it out in some of the previous posts. its regarding the backgrounds and pictures.

why not move away from the very "contextual" pictures (cant find a better word) i.e. cameras, headphones, controller, tv etc.

let me explain: in the pm unleashx and evox skins you use more _abstract_ pictures and conceptual art. this way it makes the skins look better in any setting. for example: if you have a completely different looking tv set and speakers, the background pic with the pm tv and high rise speakers look out of place.

another point is that the pm xbmc skin looks really futuristic. however this theme is somewhat put down by having pictures of contemporary headphones and cameras.

by looking futuristic and abstract the pm evox and unleash skin are miles ahead.

and why not move the buttons around like in the unleashx skin? the button layout has been the same on almost all skins since the first ms mediacenter skin. and the scripts: everybody uses the aqt browser etc., why not put it in main?

sorry for the long post by the way.

i really respect your work so dont view this as criticism, just some ideas to make the skin look better. others may have other opinions.

- buzzz
for all dose people that want to get something changed, for example a different picture for the camera because you don't like it or you want to personalize the skin to your preference.

feel free to change it yourself... (because most ain't even trying)

chokey's project mayhem discussion forum is for help, new ideas and suggestions for the project mayhem skin. for xbmc related questions click here

give chokey some rest Confusedleep:
any luck on a graphic or any advances for mxm chokester?
choke = re: dsc-t1

yeah your probably right about it not being the one for pm. look around for the black ones. you cant exactly get them at the mall but here in toronto i bought a black one for a friend of mine 680cdn cash.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthr....=455096

this guy is a nice dude ive bought a bunch of stuff from him. when i bought the black one he told me that the silver are being discontinued and they are going to continue selling the black ones. i didnt like the black one on the picture but when i picked it up it looked real nice.
i like this skin and the new reactive skin alot
keep up the good work

is there any chance you can make a version with lighter color
similar to the old media center skins

dark color irritates my eyes :-)

binh
sorry for the really dumb question but how do i use the ram function? i have tried editing the dialog file and have also downloaded the skin from your site and overwrote the skin on my 1.1.0 install but i still dont see any menu item for ram.

i'm using ntsc 480p, where should i be looking?
scroll up the thread weavus, choke already answered that one this week !!!
(phocea @ oct. 22 2004,14:24 Wrote:scroll up the thread weavus, choke already answered that one this week !!!
sorry to be a pain but i've read the thread twice now and i'm still no clearer as to how it works. i must be going snow blind or something. as i've said, i tried editing the file as chokemanaic said but that didnt do anything. i think the trouble is i have no idea as to what is supposed to show up where once i do.

can you point me at the post in question?
Quote:just edit dialogsubmenu.xml and set the ram button (above the movie trailers button) to visible-> yes

thats it, it will add a shortcut in the pop up dialog menu
(phocea @ oct. 22 2004,16:01 Wrote:
Quote:just edit dialogsubmenu.xml and set the ram button (above the movie trailers button) to visible-> yes

thats it, it will add a shortcut in the pop up dialog menu
thats the one i followed. the trouble is i have no idea what the 'dialog menu' is or where to find it!

i'm really feeling stupid here but as i said, i've read the entire thread twice but i'm no clearer to understanding.
its a file in the pal folder of your skin that controls the popup context menu.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Chokey's Project Mayhem Discussion0