how do you get thumbnails in movie view?
Information 
I installed xbmc-svn and aeon-git like a week ago for the first time. I basically have everything up and running but i have no thumbnails/covers of my movies when i'm tryin to use the "movie" view, i can manually add a thumbnail on the videos section, but that's a picture per folder and NOT file.

Basically i want to have bluray covers in the movie section, and each cover represents the actual mkv.

Thank You
Use something like Ember Media Manager It will update all the missing files for you and you can choose your own covers
Ram2000 Wrote:Use something like Ember Media Manager It will update all the missing files for you and you can choose your own covers

Thanks for your prompt reply sir! But using an external application like that it's not possible on my current setup (linux kernel with just xbmc running). No matter what skin I try no thumbnails are showed. I've tried using the same name as the movie/filename (jpg extension) but xbmc doesn't pick it up.
You will need to add them Manually I am afraid You just need a folder.jpg(tbn) in each folder.
If you have more then one movie in each folder just name the jpg(tbn) the same as the movie IE
The Matrix.AVI The Matrix.jpg(tbn)

(tbn) is the prefered format for XBMC or so I believe.
I also add a Poster.jpg just to be safe :p
Is this post of any help? It explains which files are required for each of the images/thumbs in Movies and TV Shows views.
Yes thank you both :p

Now i can finally view all of my HD movies as bluraycovers on the movie section.

Thanks a lot guys Smile

Great link snowdrift! And renaming the file from .jpg to .tbn helped a lot Ram2000 Laugh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how do you get thumbnails in movie view?0