Any mATX Intel based m/b with coax+optical on back?
Hi,

I've been searching for a motherboard with both coaxial and optical SPDIF outputs on the back (as well as the SPDIF header on the motherboard for HDMI videocards).

I need this for flexibility but it seems that if a motherboard has HDMI then it never has coax outputs on the back. The only exception I've found so far is the DFI LANPARTY JR P45-T2RS. Unfortunately no-one seems to have stock right now and I'm sort of in a hurry.

Oh, and as in the topic it must be mATX (or smaller).

Regards,
Michal
I found the Asus P5N7A-VM listed t MythTV as having coax/optical on the back as well as a header on the motherboard (http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Asus_P5N7A-VM) but according to the Asus website there is no coax on the back (http://usa.asus.com/Product.aspx?P_ID=8YiUFvK51IergAqY).

Is this a mistake or is one of the 3.5mm ports actually coax?

EDIT: I know Asus makes SPDIF breakout brackets but this isn't useful since it takes up the internal header and I'd want that for any HDMI graphics cards I might choose to use.
I just went with a VDPAU enabled, hdmi out motherboard that also had spdif out.

Massive NewEgg Search...
My problem with that is that I need audio via both HDMI (via an additional card ) and an external coax connector..

Regards,
Michal

EDIT: Anyone know if it's possible to safely split the SPDIF header on the motherboard between the HDMI video card and a rear-panel bracket?
michal Wrote:My problem with that is that I need audio via both HDMI (via an additional card ) and an external coax connector..

Why does it have to be an additional card, use an embedded video card with HDMI. Mine works fine
Does it support VDPAU feature set B? I need that as a minimum.

I already have a CPU and graphics card and I haven't seen any all-in-one motherboards which appeal to me. I actually already have a motherboard but it only has an onboard SPDIF which is being used by the video card.

Regards,
Michal
michal Wrote:Does it support VDPAU feature set B? I need that as a minimum.

I already have a CPU and graphics card and I haven't seen any all-in-one motherboards which appeal to me. I actually already have a motherboard but it only has an onboard SPDIF which is being used by the video card.

Yes: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VDPAU
And why do you need feature set B specifically? So that you can experience the bug? Or so that your CPU can run 5% lower when watching one of the four VC1 files available!!?? :-)

Feature Set-C I can understand, but don't drive yourself mental looking for a feature set B card.
A VAST majority of my viewing is likely to become HD MPEG2.

I intend to use the same machine for Digital TV and that's the format it uses here in Australia and it may be left decoding MPEG2 24/7 at times much like a STB.

Regards,
Michal

P.S. Just what difference does the improved scaling in VDPAU feature set C make?
Dunno, no-one's given me a card yet!
Dammit, I thought I had found a motherboard that did optical/coax with the DFI LANParty JR P45 T2RS. Unfortunately it turns out that it doesn't have a SPDIF header and so can't handle audio via a HDMI enabled graphics card.

I'm starting to think that there are no mATX motherboards with all 3 connection options :/
Your options:
1) Mobo with built in HDMI that also has SPDIF/Coax out. As I pointed out before.
2) Get a $15 sound card with SPDIF/Coax out.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any mATX Intel based m/b with coax+optical on back?0