diNovo Mini's windows key mapping
I am trying to map an action to the windows key of my diNovo Mini.
Actually there is two windows key on this keyboard, but I am failing with both of them:

1. win key between tab and ctrl key:
Xbmc recognize the keypress, which can be seen from the debug log: "DEBUG: SDLKeyboard: scancode: 133, sym: 311, unicode: 0, modifier: 0", but it seems that this is not geting converted to an onkey code which can be used in keymap.xml. Where is it possible to map and SDLKeyboard scancode to an onkey code?

2. win key at the bottom-right of the keyboard:
It seems that xbmc is even not recognizing the keypress. At least there is no evidence in the debug log, that the key was pressed.
So is there a way to map this key via keymap.xml?
Hi do you have some results with your diNovo Mini, i would map the window key to back to the home Screen.
jn13 Wrote:Hi do you have some results with your diNovo Mini, i would map the window key to back to the home Screen.

The big-nice-rounded windows key on the bottom-right of the diNovo Mini cannot be used/mapped under Linux at all.
Thats bad, and the one on the left side ?
jn13 Wrote:Thats bad, and the one on the left side ?

There is a way to do it.
You have to remap the left windows key(which is considered to be a modifier by default) to an other key with xmodmap first, then map this via XBMC's keyboard.xml.
Hi there
olympia Wrote:There is a way to do it.
You have to remap the left windows key to an other key with xmodmap first(which is considered to be a modifier by default), then map this via XBMC's keyboard.xml.

that sounds interessting. any little example or easy explanation on how to do this?

THX
Chaos
Yeah a little example would be good.

Thanks
is google broken?

A "little", but not big example:
run the command: xmodmap -e '133=any key'
obviously xmodmap has to be installed before
Then remap "any key" to what you want via XBMC's keyboard.xml

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
diNovo Mini's windows key mapping0