Video playback seems limited to 24fps - tearing
Severe tearing on the LCD that comes with my laptop, with XBMC alone.

I am using:

Samsung R522 laptop, ATI HD4330 with 512 RAM
2GB system RAM
Core 2 Duo processor @ 2GHZ
Recent XBMC version

I have tried:

Updating GFX drivers
enabling vertical sync
Disabling desktop composition and visual themes
Other players (all work fine with no tearing)
enabled logging; apparently the CPU load is <9%, and the memory is less than 50% utilised, <1GB

The video playback seems to peak at 24 fps. An example video I am using to diagnose is coded at 29 fps - so why can't I get the player to play at this rate? Every other player I have used displays no tearing whatsoever.

Other than this, it is a fantastic product; I'd love to resolve this?

I have enabled logging yet have not found any xbmc.log afterward.. will keep looking for threads that explain how to do this...

Thanks!!
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42708 << explains where the logfile is.

Can't say much else without that log at the moment.
Thanks for your help mate, much appreciated.

http://pastebin.ca/1634787

Any other details, please let e know. BTW, this time it was running at 29FPS, but I was still seeing tearing...

Cheers!
Bump...

XBMC is the only player that does it from the same laptop.. so by that logic surely it is a setting?

Once again, the vertical blank sync setting under appearance/screen makes no difference.... any clues?
Code:
WARNING: Surface::CSurface::EnableVSync - wglGetSwapIntervalEXT didn't return the set swap interval
INFO: GL: Using artificial vsync sleep with rate 60.000000
INFO: GL: Selected vsync mode 1

That's your problem.
Set the vsync mode in xbmc to "let driver decide" and turn on vsync for opengl in the control panel for the ati drivers.
You legend! Found that option, enabled it, playback is 100%

Thank you so much mate!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video playback seems limited to 24fps - tearing0