• 7(current)
Noir... A Concept
Looks impressive!

The nice dark look will save money for plasma-tv users Smile

Could be my Favourite, just release it
I really like this skin. I really like the different TV views. Those views have been my favorite ones I've come across so far.
I am working my way through the movies and home screens. I added additional animations to the music sections, and I will post a video soon. Progress is slow, but I'm learning quite a bit as I go along. I will do my best to get all views completed and uploaded, then it will be up to the community to mod it, etc. Thanks again to Ayala for this amazing concept!
dgm1960 Wrote:I started work on a version, but since I am learning skinning as I go along, iy is taking a very long time. Since I use XBMC primarily for music, I have completed a few views which are fully functional. If anyone is interested in moving this ahead, I will gladly upload what I have done so far (it uses Transparency! as a base). Here are some screens:

Good start.
Like the integration between cyan and black.

1. Album title under each track is redundant. Album title is already listed on the left.
Suggestion: Move total time from current position (right of track title) to below track title (replacing album title).

2. The Compact Disc graphics (that glows upon playback) does not feel 100%.
Suggestion: Replace with Vinyl record (black, better integrates with the "Noir" skin). Maybe add an arm with a pickup on the vinyl upon playback. Someone talented with graphics maybe could provide this?

3. There is no transparency in the highlight box during playback (third screenshot) but there is in the second screenshot (before playback starts).

4. Readability is poor with cyan text on the white background (highlight during playback).
Suggestion: Darken highlight box.
Thank you for your input, Nahaz. The music section has been changed quite a bit since those screens, and I have since removed the CD completely. I don't think it is necessary, and it looks cleaner without it. I will address your other suggestions. Thanks again.
Then please post new screenshots : )
Has this skin not released yet it seems to be the best one for me cause of the TV series viewing options Smile
_DiGiTaL_ Wrote:Has this skin not released yet it seems to be the best one for me cause of the TV series viewing options Smile
There's a clue in the title - 'A Concept'
Hitcher, now that Alaska is released, would you be interested in looking at this concept skin? Seeing the incredible job you did with Alaska, I can't think of anyone else who could get Noir up to the level it should be.
dgm1960 Wrote:Hitcher, now that Alaska is released, would you be interested in looking at this concept skin? Seeing the incredible job you did with Alaska, I can't think of anyone else who could get Noir up to the level it should be.

Of course that would be great, but I think we should give him a little rest before asking him to do more work Smile
If Ayala had been at hand to provide more screens, etc then it may have been a possibility but I'm working on a personal skin right now.
Thank you for your reply, Hitcher, and I hope you show us the final product!

Here is a shot of the new music album view I'm working on:

The album cover slides out of the "deck" and I'm working on rendering realistic shadows to simulate the 3d effect with movement. I'll get a video up when I'm happy with the result.

and DVD Cover view:

Stunning (IMO)

Oh, and It's said that you dropped the cd image Sad I liked it a lot, but you have the working version, so you know best how it looks.
Thanks very much, DOnROsa. Since I'm trying to stay as close to Ayala' screens (no music section screens though), I have put the CD back in. It does look better that way!
I'm not to sure about the way you've done the 3D covers tbh. I much prefered the simpler way Ayala did them in his mockups. The poster overlay also looks much better in those too imo.
Ayala Wrote:Image

Still looking forward to using it though. keep up the good work. Cool
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Noir... A Concept0