Using Showmix but can't display extra thumbs
Hi all, I'm new to aeon (and xbmc for that matter) and just installed the showmix skin. I've tried every which way and searched for hours but I still cannot get multiview to display properly with extra thumbs.

Basically I see the thumb view boxes but they are darkened or say "No Thumb Available" :confused2:

Can someone help me to validate my folder structure?

Angels and Demons
- Angels and Demons.cd1.avi
- Angels and Demons.cd1.En.srt
- Angels and Demons.cd2.avi
- Angels and Demons.cd2.En.srt
- fanart.jpg
- movie.nfo
- movie.tbn
+ extrathumbs
- thumb1.jpg, ... , thumb5.jpg

Things I've already checked:
- in Showmix settings (advanced settings) I added the movie folder location
- I notice there is thumb and fanart xml tag in the nfo file - am I supposed to put the location of those there for it to work?
- Made sure I am using a version of xbmc that is stable - revision 22516
- I cleared my cache many times (I found cache in both my xbmc folder and also in user\application data folder Huh)

Both movie.tbn (cover) and fanart.jpg (background) show but nothing in extrathumbs. What in blazes could I be doing wrong Huh

I really appreciate it....banging my head here.
You have the structure dead-on...could your thumbs be a strange resolution? Once in a while I have thumb that will not show, but it's rare. If none of the thumbs are showing up...perhaps you're using a svn build that is not compatible with the skin (that's a mere guess, but it's worth looking into).
I love my Mac Mini :;):
UnisonRuss Wrote:You have the structure dead-on...could your thumbs be a strange resolution? Once in a while I have thumb that will not show, but it's rare. If none of the thumbs are showing up...perhaps you're using a svn build that is not compatible with the skin (that's a mere guess, but it's worth looking into).

I downloaded these thumbs using the Ember Media Manager - I'm sure everyone else has them as well Big Grin

Is this a problem with Showmix only? Could you suggest another Aeon mod skin that supports multiview and I can try that?

I see a lot of posts with really great looking multiview but it seems no one specifies exactly which skin they're using Sad
Update: Tried to enable debug by going into the System settings and enabling it, but xbmc.log doesn't seem to be updated at all....it's old.... I...must be doing something wrong
berhack Wrote:Is this a problem with Showmix only? Could you suggest another Aeon mod skin that supports multiview and I can try that?

You cant use another mod of Aeon because extra thumbs will not show with two part movies which is why Showmix has the option in settings for movie folder location to get round this problem, so if they are not showing this would be the first place to look maybe you selected the wrong folder ?

Do single part movies show
Thanks to everyone...you guys are so helpful.

Yes I learned this late last night after searching sooo damn long. There's just so much info in here I knew someone else encountered this before Eek

I have since used virutaldubmod to combine my two part avi's and it's showing awesome with Showmix.

Thank-you thank-you thank-you

>>X<<' Wrote:You cant use another mod of Aeon because extra thumbs will not show with two part movies which is why Showmix has the option in settings for movie folder location to get round this problem, so if they are not showing this would be the first place to look maybe you selected the wrong folder ?

Do single part movies show

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using Showmix but can't display extra thumbs0