Help deciding on new system.
I have not used XBMC for some time as I wanted HD content and moved to a Popcorn player. While this does the Job i miss the features of XBMC and was looking to build a system.

Problem is I'm so confused on what to get, Basically I was looking at using the Antec VERIS Micro Fusion case. Which has a remote control and LCD and I would like these to work with the system

My other requirements are:

Blueray Support = Not required but may look at this again in the future.
HD Support = 720p and 1080p files to play smoothly from HDD and LAN.
IPlayer support = This is essential.
Recording support = Not required at this stage but I may want to add it at some point.
OS = Linux if the setup is easy Windows if its not easy.
Storage = If using Linux I would like to boot from USB however HDD may be added for additional storage
Easy of use = If using Linux this has to be transparent and boot to XBMC straight away.
Power on = I’m lazy has to done via R/C
I/O = HDMI and Optical output required
Setup = If I’m going to be using Linux I would like something set up that’s known to work and easy to configure.
Noise level = I want to keep this as low as possible.

Price wise, I’m flexible however I don’t want to go over the top with this. This system will only be used for media playback and nothing else.

I welcome any feedback and suggestions anyone has.

Thanks.
Ok i have decided to keep my options open and have a system capable of Linux or Windows, with the idea of proberbly installing Vista 1st on a HDD and then when i have time sort out Linux on USB.

Would be intrested on any comments on the below. Both boards are recommended for Linux

Hopefully I will be ordering this tomorrow.

Thanks

System 1

GA-E7AUM-DS2H
Intel E5300 or E6500 (Not decided yet)

System 2

Asus M3N78-EM
AMD Athlon™ II X2 3.0Ghz (Got to confirm this system board can take this processor)
I'm still struggling with this and the GA-E7AUM-DS2H board is no longer available:-(

However I have decided that I will not be using Linux (at least not for now) as te LCD display does nto support Linux.

So what would be a good set up for this, please note I am limited for space in the case, so it has to be Micro ATX with built in GFX.
eSATA would also be nice. Currently i’m thinking of a Asus P5N7A-VM
Ok i have narrowed this down to the following, I would be very greatfull if someone could check over this as I'm not sure what memory to fit and think i have it right now.

TBH it looks like I will have to go for the M3N78-EM with the Athlon II X2 250, as I still have to add a HDD to this, or is it work the extra £38 for the Phenom II X3 ?

System 1
Antec VERIS Micro Fusion Remote 350-UK £88.95
Asus M3N78-EM £53.15
AMD Phenom II X3 705E 2.5 GHz £91.06 or AMD Athlon II X2 250 3.0GHz £52.70
Kingston 2GB Kit (2x1GB) DDR2 800MHz/PC2-6400 £35.61

£268.77 or £230.41 (with X2 250)

System 2
Antec VERIS Micro Fusion Remote 350-UK £88.95
Asus P5N7A-VM £83.09
Intel Pentium E6500 2.93 GHz ( 1066 MHz ) £78.52
Crucial 2GB KitDDR2 1066MHz/PC2-8500 £45.46

£296.12