Stuttering after hours of watching?
I've got a strange problem (got the newest SVN build, but it happened with previous ones, too...): I'm watching movies, tvshows, etc... xvid avi format. I'm watching like.. 2 or 3 episodes.. everything'S fine, no problems, playback is SMOOTH.

But then suddenly, when watching the 4th or 5th episode, playback is stuttering, the video that is. What could be wrong? Some memory run full or sth? Any1 got that strange error, too - or at least an idea how to fix that? After a reboot, XBMC is running smooth again... but I don't like rebooting after 3 episodes again and again... :/
tell me what the latest sv is i have no idea
hm? i'm using XBMC-Rev24195-GL now.. but as i said, this was with the past svn builds already, so your question doesn't really make any sense...
Newest SVN on one day could be old the next.

You have no Debug Log posted.

You should read the stickied messages in the forum on how to properly post problems.
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
Gigabyte MA78GM-U2SH Mainboard
ATI HD3200 Onboard
AMD 7750BE Dual-Core 4.00GB RAM
ATI HD3200 HDMI Sound
HTPC HMDI -> ONKYO TX-SR605 -> Panasonic TH-46PZ85U Plasma
as i already mentioned, it's NOT dependent on the build no. - got that with all builds i had in the last few months...

debug log will follow - but: i just wanted to ask IF any1 had the exact same problem, such things may happen, believe it or not...

but i see.. i won't get a proper answer until i post that log....
What are your temps like after 4 or 5 episodes ?
everything normal, not significantly higher than before those eps...
A debug log is most likely required yes..

It wasn't enough to reboot xbmc?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Did you really _read_ my post?

---> After a reboot, XBMC is running smooth again... but I don't like rebooting after 3 episodes again and again... :/
So, here's the debug log:

http://pastebin.com/m21de38a1

Any clue why it's stuttering? And if yes - any ideas how to fix that?

Build No. is 24211
FattyMcDirty Wrote:Did you really _read_ my post?

---> After a reboot, XBMC is running smooth again... but I don't like rebooting after 3 episodes again and again... :/

With this attitude you won't get much help. Did you really read elupus question? Maybe it's clearer with: It wasn't enough to restart xbmc?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
WiSo Wrote:With this attitude you won't get much help. Did you really read elupus question? Maybe it's clearer with: It wasn't enough to restart xbmc?

you're right.. and yes, i somehow misread the sentence.
the answer is: no, a restart of xbmc is definitely not enough, stuttering remains.
rebooting the computer is the only thing that helps.

did the debug-log eventually point to a problem?
How "clean"/fresh is your windows install?

Maybe some background bloatware app with a memory leak?

When it starts stuttering trying ctrl-alt-del'ing and checking your running processes in taskman to see if anything's sucking up resources?

(sorry haven't scanned your debug log other than to see which ver of windows you're using as I'm not particularly qualified to do that - I'm sure someone who is will be along shortly.)
is kinda freshly installed.. and i'm not really aware of something that could cause such problems. i only installed the relevant drivers, xbmc, eventghost and dvbviewer (for watching tv).. it's xp sp3 with the latest updates..
i have the same issue, after a long time at idle or watching something, it start stuttering and behave laggy all over the place and if shutdown XBMC it will hang up.

Running a fresh windows XP sp3 install...i am on Alpha2 now and the issue remain, before i had svn24195 and the issue was there also.

Should i submit a bug?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stuttering after hours of watching?0