Totally lost with launcher and skins
Hey all,

I'm a longtime XBMC user. First I was on the xbox, now I run windows. I read the XBMC guide on lifehacker, and after talking with a friend about it, decided to tackle the project. My friend wanted the AEON interface on the cheap.

I followed the guide but cannot for the life of me find the skins folder, nor can I find the SVN installer. I got it off of google code, but it just gives me an error when I run the installer off of a USB stick. What am I missing?

Thanks
On Ubuntu, skins are in either
~/.xbmc/skins
or /usr/share/xbmc/skins

It's easiest to put them in ~/.xbmc/skins, since well, you've got write access there without doing sudo-tricks n' stuff.

Assuming you're logged in as the user thats running XBMC, this command will take you to the skins folder: cd ~/.xbmc/skins

As for the SVN Repo Install - that thing never worked for me either. It seems to be able to install stuff like the Apple Trailers Addon fine, but it doesn't work for skins. Says it installs them but nothing is ever written to the harddrive. Maybe it's a linux issue.
jonassw Wrote:On Ubuntu, skins are in either
~/.xbmc/skins
or /usr/share/xbmc/skins

It's easiest to put them in ~/.xbmc/skins, since well, you've got write access there without doing sudo-tricks n' stuff.

Assuming you're logged in as the user thats running XBMC, this command will take you to the skins folder: cd ~/.xbmc/skins

As for the SVN Repo Install - that thing never worked for me either. It seems to be able to install stuff like the Apple Trailers Addon fine, but it doesn't work for skins. Says it installs them but nothing is ever written to the harddrive. Maybe it's a linux issue.

You rock. Gonna give that a shot now.

As for installer. I really don't need it. But I do need a way to launch Firefox. I should also mention that I am running LIVE not ubuntu.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Totally lost with launcher and skins0