Yet Another "LIRC Problems" thread
Question 
Hi. I realize that there are quite a few of these "how do I configure LIRC for XBMC" threads around, but I believe my problem is slightly different to what has been asked before, as I can't find it anywhere.

Basically, I have Ubuntu 9.10 (karmic) installed, and the latest SVN (up to date of this post) of XBMC, compiled for x86_64. I'm using the LIRC that ubuntu installs.

I have a Hauppague HVR-4000 card in my HTPC, which comes with a remote control. I can use this remote in some ways, for example the arrow buttons and "ok" work, and the volume does, but nothing else.

The arrows, volume and "ok" buttons work not just in XBMC but in Gnome aswell. I can control my system volume with the vol+, vol- and mute buttons, and can move around with the arrows. The power button also brings up my system's "shutdown" dialog.

When I run irw, my remote presses don't generate any output, except for ^[[D ^[[A ^[[C ^[[B for the arrow buttons. The numbers also produce the corresponding digits at the terminal. Pressing volume buttons does nothing for irw, but does change the volume of my system.

How do I get this working properly?

Thanks for any help.

P.S. All the guides and HOW-TOs I can find seem to describe a keymap.xml file, but it seems that the latest versions of xbmc have a "keymaps" folder instead. What do I do with this? Thanks.
anyone?
It sounds like you need to use irrecord to make a custom remote configuration. The best instructions I've seen for that are at the IguanaWorks Wiki. Just replace wherever it says iguanaIR with the driver for your receiver. irrecord kind of sucks though, it took me a few tries to get a config that worked for my remote.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yet Another "LIRC Problems" thread0