ProjectM Again...
Whats up with the ProjectM Vis and playing music from SMB shares with remote thumbnails turned on?

I have been reading about this problem here in the Linux forums but there seems to be no solution for it?

I'm om r24183 and ProjectM ONLY works if i play a movie before using it.

Otherwise it just sits there showing a black screen with the occasional white flash and then crashes XBMC without a trace in the logs.
again, what i noticed is that it used to work out of the box for all sources (shoutcast too) if i added 'export LC_ALL="C"' to the top of xbmc.sh, so i guess it must be related to localizations somehow
could it be inserted in the source in tools/Linux/xbmc.sh.in just after #!/bin/bash, something like
Code:
#!/bin/bash
export LC_ALL="C"

function print_crash_report()
and so on?
succo Wrote:again, what i noticed is that it used to work out of the box for all sources (shoutcast too) if i added 'export LC_ALL="C"' to the top of xbmc.sh, so i guess it must be related to localizations somehow
could it be inserted in the source in tools/Linux/xbmc.sh.in just after #!/bin/bash, something like
Code:
#!/bin/bash
export LC_ALL="C"

function print_crash_report()
and so on?

Maybe it can be inserted into /usr/bin/xbmc.sh?
yes, but it will be lost with every update... if inserted in the .in file it will be retained whenever xbmc will be built again
succo Wrote:yes, but it will be lost with every update... if inserted in the .in file it will be retained whenever xbmc will be built again

I use the prebuilt PPA XBMC for Jaunty, is there a way to solve it then?
i'd say there are 3 kind of solutions:
1) ask the developers to add it in the source, so that the ppa version has it in
2) build it yourself adding that line in xbmc.sh.in
3) add that line in xbmc.sh, but remember that you'll need to update the file whenever you update from ppa

i'd like toadd that it USED to work, i don't know if it still does Smile
succo Wrote:i'd say there are 3 kind of solutions:
1) ask the developers to add it in the source, so that the ppa version has it in
2) build it yourself adding that line in xbmc.sh.in
3) add that line in xbmc.sh, but remember that you'll need to update the file whenever you update from ppa

i'd like toadd that it USED to work, i don't know if it still does Smile

You're right it DOESN'T work, back to my original question then...
strange to say, it still does here... i modified /usr/local/bin/xbmc and it worked for shoutcast too Smile
succo Wrote:i modified /usr/local/bin/xbmc

There is no /usr/local/bin/xbmc on my system. Huh
have you got an /usr/bin/xbmc (without .sh), then? the script i have to launch xbmc, the one generated by building it, doesn't have any .sh, don't know about ppa
succo Wrote:have you got an /usr/bin/xbmc (without .sh), then? the script i have to launch xbmc, the one generated by building it, doesn't have any .sh, don't know about ppa

Yes, that's the one i tried changing.
is there any official bug report on xbmc trac?
mine is here, i think it's the only one
Same here. I just tried to write to the ticket - it gave me an error. Basically wanted to repeat what described here.
btw in my case
Code:
export LC_ALL="C"
in /usr/local/bin/xbmc fixed it.

but is this really a fix or just a hack?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ProjectM Again...0