USB auto mounting ?
hay all

first WOW this thing is cool.

but it's auto mounting USB sticks when inserted in the computer wether runing XBMC or not?

is thare some setting that I'v missed to turn this off??

the computer is runing Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic kernel 2.6.31-14-generic and XBMC 9.11~alpha1-kubuntu

I know it's xbmc doing it becose I use usb's all the time and it started right after installing xbmc && xbmc is the onley one allowed to umount them Smile exept sudo of corse.

other than that so far so good

VINNY
Welcome to the forums, next time search before you post.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=58764

It should be fixed in next release.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
topfs2 Wrote:Welcome to the forums, next time search before you post.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=58764

It should be fixed in next release.

I'm sorey but I think you misunderstude me that thred is about USB NOT automounting mine auto mount's fine. but it's XBMC mounting the drives not hall
as when I go to unmount them hall gives a ERROR device not mounted by hall and XBMC is the onley way to umount uther than the CLI .

this happens wether XBMC is runing OR not. and this is USB thumb drives not externall HD's

VINNY

I gess this is the SVN r24283 (compiled NOV 5 2009 )
Oh, yeah then I missunderstood. My bad, read through your post way to quickly, hope you can forgive me Blush.
Well it's true that XBMC is capable of mounting drives but it will only do it when running, so if you seeing mounting without xbmc running it's something else. I can promise you that we don't do anything to your system when xbmc is not running Smile

I'm not sure were to look in KDE but gnome have a setting in gconf-editor (in nautilus) for automounting.

Cheers,
Tobias
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
I must eat crow hear as you were absalutley right.

I allso have Gnome as a login opt. in kdm Smile and switch to gdm when I want to login to Gnome Wink

AND my install of XBMC coinsided with a set of updates that included new default setings. and sence XBMC was the last thing I had changed (myself) and it was the onley thing that acualey could unmount the disk (I had onley tryed dolphin and the device notafyer widget) with a click....(agin of corse the CLI worked) I was convinced it was the culpret No

but checking the prosess tabel wile it was hapening did show nautilus runing!!!

so I opend it and turned off eney notification or opening and it's better I beleve.

you did make XBMC prity powerful to be abel to umount the device when dolphin couldent !!!!

acualey the onley issue I have with it and for my neads it a miner issue is it killing/crashing it's self when opening .ISO's but its prity miner

eneyway sorey for MY mistake and thank you all for the cool ass media center app CoolBig Grinit's growing on me...... Nod

VINNY

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
USB auto mounting ?0