SFTP / FTP very slow, can we not speed them up?
little update, been out bought new gigabit card, installed, had to edit interfaces to set to eth1 and not eth0.

works a treat 36 mbps over ftp, just gonna restore my fresh xbmc image and redo all settings then will report back, looks like the original asus onboard lan wasnt playing ball, not sure if hardware or not, might take the board back for a replacement, but gonna get it setup first.

cheers everyone for all the help and suggestions Wink
vdrfan Wrote:FYI, sftp handling is not that well working in XBMC at this point. This issue will hopefully addressed after the upcoming Camelot release.

I'm not the biggest linux guru around and was wondering if the above comment applies to my situation.

I'm running (an untouched) xbmc 9.11 live repack (R26018) installed to a hard disk on a phenomII x4 based machine on a gigabit network.
I'm using filezilla 3.3.0.1 from a win7 x64 machine and have two issues:

The maximum speed I can get from my sftp client when transferring a single file at a time is about 14MB/s. If I set the client to transfer two files at a time, they both transfer at about the same speed, 14MB/S, ie. twice the throughput (28MB/s total) - I haven't yet tried more than 2 files simultaneously, but assume it'll scale the same until I hit my disk/network/ssh overhead limit - seems strange to me, I don't think there's any single instance sftp transfer limits, right?

My other issue is that sometimes (seems literally random to me - the above quoted issue?), my transfers don't exceed about 2MB/s to the machine. There seems to be no way of increasing the speed (pausing/resuming the transfer), I have to let the queued file complete, start a new transfer and cross my fingers that the throughput will suddenly jump up 6-fold. I can have one file complete at an incredibly slow 2MB/s, then the next in the queue run at 14MB/s, without restarting either machine, the sftp client or ssh.

All my transfers have been single .mkv files ranging from 9-25gigs.

I'm not sure debug logs will help as it's the ubuntu base install running ssh, and quite possibly a known issue - I'm happy to provide them if you scream at me and think it'll help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SFTP / FTP very slow, can we not speed them up?0