FoobarPlayer patch
Well, we do have 24-bit audio support, etc, but no, no DSD as some of the code is not GPL-compliant.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2013-01-19, 02:25)DDDamian Wrote: Well, we do have 24-bit audio support, etc, but no, no DSD as some of the code is not GPL-compliant.
That is, in XBMC 12 will never support the DSD?
HTPC: Asrock H67M-ITX, intel i3 2100T, 8Gb DDR3, WD 3Tbx2, Win 7(x64) - XBMC Frodo RC3 -> Onkyo TX-NR818 -> B&W
I guess this could be an intermediary step for those who want to play SACD ISOs thorugh foobar until the XBMC team makes their minds up about possible licensing issues concerning SACD decoding.
(2013-01-19, 02:25)DDDamian Wrote: no DSD as some of the code is not GPL-compliant.

Hi DDDamian, did you have a look at the SACD request thread and my assessment on the licensing issue? It's not that grim, IMHO.
Of course Smile It will be added to mainline code if, and only if, we are clearly not breaching any licensing or copyright infringement, plain and simple.

I am not sure that is the case atm. Yes, I also have a desire to bring that capability in, but not at the potential risk of harm to XBMC or the XBMC foundation.

Binary addons are a potential avenue for this, but XBMC does not support those at this time. What addons do outside the official code is a seperate matter, but the more official stance would be that XBMC respects the GPL.

There is much more to do right now (heck we still need to fix DD+), so I'm afraid it's just not on the horizon for injection anytime soon - legal questions notwithstanding - sorry folks.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2013-01-21, 03:59)DDDamian Wrote: Of course Smile It will be added to mainline code if, and only if, we are clearly not breaching any licensing or copyright infringement, plain and simple.

I am not sure that is the case atm. Yes, I also have a desire to bring that capability in, but not at the potential risk of harm to XBMC or the XBMC foundation.

Binary addons are a potential avenue for this, but XBMC does not support those at this time. What addons do outside the official code is a seperate matter, but the more official stance would be that XBMC respects the GPL.

There is much more to do right now (heck we still need to fix DD+), so I'm afraid it's just not on the horizon for injection anytime soon - legal questions notwithstanding - sorry folks.
I was wondering if the dodgy bit could be done via a library so SACD support would only be enabled if the library file was present, the library file could then be hosted elsewhere so there's no come back on XBMC. This is what VLC do for the libaacs project for decoding blu-rays and also XBMC on Linux allows use of libaacs but it's up to you to obtain & install it.

(2013-01-21, 13:57)jjd-uk Wrote: I was wondering if the dodgy bit could be done via a library so SACD support would only be enabled if the library file was present, the library file could then be hosted elsewhere so there's no come back on XBMC. This is what VLC do for the libaacs project for decoding blu-rays and also XBMC on Linux allows use of libaacs but it's up to you to obtain & install it
Interesting approach...
Will keep an eye on the SACD stuff...
It would be too cool...

mad-max

- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
(2013-01-21, 13:57)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2013-01-21, 03:59)DDDamian Wrote: Of course Smile It will be added to mainline code if, and only if, we are clearly not breaching any licensing or copyright infringement, plain and simple.

I was wondering if the dodgy bit could be done via a library so SACD support would only be enabled if the library file was present, the library file could then be hosted elsewhere so there's no come back on XBMC. This is what VLC do for the libaacs project for decoding blu-rays and also XBMC on Linux allows use of libaacs but it's up to you to obtain & install it.

Never crossed my mind...... Wink
Right... let's all forget about that nobody hasn't mentioned it so far... but only if you don't promise to not talk about it anymore Tongue

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FoobarPlayer patch1