AppleTV *missing needed controls* that XBOX has
Exclamation 
Folks,

Anyone know if I can edit a file or do these missing items require a recompile? can these make it into the beta3 of XBMC?

I am missing on the AppleTV platform the following needed items:

1.) Buffer controls - Watching the west wing pauses way too much feels like 1 mb buffer as opposed to the XBOX that has it set to 12mb and it works great (despise buffering)

2.) Brightness Control - very much needed (cannot replace the XBOX without this option.

3.) Audio Amplification - I keep my XBOX @ -6db

--Thanks for your consideration of my request and for making a wonderful project that makes the entire family happy!Cool
1. Could be that the memory is filled up with fanart or a too complicated skin, try to put fanart of or try another skin too see if this helps. Rapier or alaska working really smooth here on appletv.

2. brightness control you can edit if you play a movie and when adjusting it you can select, "use these settings for all movies.

3. Audio amplification, you can ofcourse use up and down to change this, as you want a standard amp then you can into settings again, change amp and again set this as default for all movies and after you can edit your joyctick.appleremote.xml to remove the audio amp from remote control so it stays in the same -6dB

Hope this helps a bit Smile
lewis.donofrio Wrote:Folks,

Anyone know if I can edit a file or do these missing items require a recompile? can these make it into the beta3 of XBMC?

I am missing on the AppleTV platform the following needed items:

1.) Buffer controls - Watching the west wing pauses way too much feels like 1 mb buffer as opposed to the XBOX that has it set to 12mb and it works great (despise buffering)

2.) Brightness Control - very much needed (cannot replace the XBOX without this option.

3.) Audio Amplification - I keep my XBOX @ -6db

--Thanks for your consideration of my request and for making a wonderful project that makes the entire family happy!Cool

1) nope, there are no user adjustable buffer controls.

2) pop up the OSD, video section, brightness/contrast are there. Set make default for all.

3) pop up the OSD, audio section, volume control is there. Set make default for all.
Question 
Riderzzz Wrote:1. Could be that the memory is filled up with fanart or a too complicated skin, try to put fanart of or try another skin too see if this helps. Rapier or alaska working really smooth here on appletv.

2. brightness control you can edit if you play a movie and when adjusting it you can select, "use these settings for all movies.

3. Audio amplification, you can ofcourse use up and down to change this, as you want a standard amp then you can into settings again, change amp and again set this as default for all movies and after you can edit your joyctick.appleremote.xml to remove the audio amp from remote control so it stays in the same -6dB

Hope this helps a bit Smile

nope, have you tried these? This is a stock XBMC (no skins besides the default) its just plain missing the memory settings at all on the AppleTVHuh
on both XBOX and AppleTV platforms and the brightness while having a slider *doesn't work* and I see *no* audio amplification at all )-:

--Please someone know how to get these working.
iirc - if you are using passthrough, then you cannot alter the audio amplification.
Sad 
prae5 Wrote:iirc - if you are using passthrough, then you cannot alter the audio amplification.

ok this is a start, I do not know if I'm using passthough (I'm hooked up like a VCR - Video, Left and right.)

this is not so much needed as memory adjustments slidersNod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AppleTV *missing needed controls* that XBOX has0