Pre-show & trailer script/feature?
Has anyone worked on or developed a script or plugin for setting up pre-show and trailer playlists that play automatically before whatever feature film you launch from within the movie library? My ideal setup would be when I launch a feature film, it first plays a random:

- Cartoon Short
- News Real
- Dancing Candy/Popcorn Jingle
- Trailer
- Feature Film

It would also be handy if launching the feature film with the "Play" button executed this sequence, while launching with the "Enter/OK" button went directly to the feature.

Does anything like this exist? Thanks in advance.
look for the Home Theater Experience script....
Awesome, thanks!
IsleOfMan Wrote:..............

- Cartoon Short
- News Real
- Dancing Candy/Popcorn Jingle
- Trailer
- Feature Film
Throw some commercials in the mix and I'll be sleeping before the movie starts. Laugh
It's all about the old Saturday Matinée and Saturday Night Drive-In feel... wouldn't be used all (or even most) of the time, but it's a nice touch for a true home theater experience.

Here in Atlanta, GA we have a great vintage theater (The Fabulous Fox) that is 90% stage and concert venue, but does two "Film Festivals" a year (one on weekends all summer, one shorter one in December) and they use the format listed above, usually with vintage Disney & Warner Bros cartoons and Popular Science news reals, . It adds about 20 minutes to the opening, but gives folks plenty of time to filter in and quiet down.

While the crowd control aspect is obviously not necessary in a home theater environment, emulating the experience that comes along with a great vintage movie presentation is quite desirable, at least for anyone that appreciates that type of presentation over your average multiplex experience.
I've installed Home Theater Experience but I'm having trouble learning how to use it. I can't seem to find instructions. I have transparency! as my skin, and it has buttons for it, but they don't seem to work right. Is there a guide anywhere?
read through the thread in the scripts forum...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pre-show & trailer script/feature?0