Will XBMC Live save Laptop Battery life?
i'm running windows 7 x64 right now, but will running this live version extend playtime on a laptop? thanks.
I found using linux consumes far less power than using windows ..
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
true, but does the LIVE version have more tweaks and could give me longer battery life than just using linux xbmc? just looking to get my laptop ready before my long flight on thursday morning with the most power efficient way to do this.

thanks
If you have an NVIDIA GPU which is VDPAU capable, use live.
This is kind of a "duh" statement, but running live from the hard drive will save more battery life than if you ran it from a CD.
When posting about a problem please submit a debug log to give you the best chance at getting an answer. It's easy, painless, and helps provide necessary information.
i was going to run it from a USB stick, that should save power over the CD as well, correct?

btw, i have a dell xps 1530 with the 8600M GT

also, i do not see this option in the new beta, but i do in the latest stable release, am i missing something?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Will XBMC Live save Laptop Battery life?0