Custom Thumbnail for Music Sources?
Question 
Hey! I've just discovered Transparency and I really like it! Nice work!

While searching for info on adding streaming radio sources to XBMC a while back, I ran across a posting in the Boxee forums that showed you could add a custom thumbnail to a music source. Here's an example of a custom Last.fm station in my sources.xml:

Code:
<source>
            <name>Last.FM: Firewater Radio</name>
            <path pathversion="1">lastfm://xbmc/artist/Firewater/</path>
            <thumbnail>http://cdn.last.fm/flatness/badges/lastfm_red.gif</thumbnail>
        </source>

This works fine with the Rapier skin, replacing the default icon with the Last.fm logo. When I noticed that this wasn't working with Transparency, I double-checked and it turns out that it doesn't work with PM3.HD or Confluence either. Maybe it's an old feature that's no longer supported any longer.

I'm not sure how easy it would be to add support for this in Transparency, but it would be cool if it could!
Simplest way is to highlight the source, then bring up the context menu and select "Chooses thumbnail" then you are able to browse for a thumb.
i'll look into it anyway...seems weird that it's working in one skin and not in others.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ok, i could handle things like Rapier does, but it would be easier to do what Blittan suggested.
just use local thumbs, they don't have to be downloaded every time and will load much faster.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I have to admit, sometimes the miss the easiest (and most obvious!) way of doing things. Of course using a local thumb makes more sense! Unfortunately, with the AppleTV, bringing up the context menu only offers three options: Add to favorites, Update library and Settings. So I couldn't point to the .png directly from the GUI.

I wasn't sure how to point to an AppleTV local file in sources.xml, then it occurred to me to open up guisettings.xml to see how Transparency points to the custom background folders. In case folks are curious, this is what worked for me:

Code:
<source>
            <name>Last.FM</name>
            <path pathversion="1">lastfm://xbmc/artist/Noisettes/</path>
            <thumbnail pathversion="1">/Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/Backgrounds/LastFM.png</thumbnail>
        </source>

Thanks again!
i believe you can only set thumbs in filemode. the option should be in the context menu there.
You're right! I'm so used to being in Library mode, it didn't occur to me to check File mode.

Thanks again for the help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom Thumbnail for Music Sources?0