Upscaling problem
I'm a newbie, just switched deom Media Portal to XBMC (PC, Vista x64). Looks very polished and fast like a breath of fresh air. There is one problem: the upscaling of SD material to 1080 lines looks much better in Windows Media Player or Media Portal. I tried playing with upscaling options, but in the recent Beta1 I only have one decent option: Bilinear. Bicubic is not there! In the stable 9.04 build I have Bicubic (and software upscaling options as well, but I did not find them superior to HW Bicubic). I have Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 with latest drivers. Is there a way to enable Bicubic in Beta1? Is this a known problem that will be fixed?

Until this is fixed, I have to stay with older 9.04, which still may not be as good as Media Player, but with Bicubic at least is close. Bilinear is almost unwatchable in comparison on my 117" projection screen...

Oh, and one more question: how do I start the "scrapers" to create my movie database? What is the best scraper for a collection of north american and european movies? In 9.04 I can't find an option to start scrapers on start or any manual override. Also, "my movies" shows up empty, while "my videos" is full... Not sure why is that...
Bicubic upscaling is/was OpenGL only. Now that the Windows port is Directx, Bicubic is gone.

Setting up the scrapers and creating the library is covered in the wiki: http://www.xbmc.org/wiki/?title=Video_Library. The wiki's well worth a read, lots covered in there.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upscaling problem0