Vietnamese subtitles?
Hi everyone.

I've gotten hold of some vietnamese (.srt format) subtitle files for some movies. The problem is that when i select the subtitle file, nothing is displayed during playback of the movie.

Anyone had a similar problem or know a way around this?

Hardware: Acer Aspire Revo
Architecture: i686
XBMC SVN: Pre 9.10 rUnknown
Install Method: Installed to HDD via XBMC Live USB Flash utility
Anyone able to help out with this?
You should change the .srt to UTF-8 format
sample subtitle please - we should support all encodings now.
I just installed 9.11 Beta1 hoping it would fix this subtitle problem, but it doesn't seem to work still.

The subtitle file can be found here
http://jasse.net/kb2viet.srt

Here's some sample text:

00:00:15,140 --> 00:00:17,434
Em thấy anh ác?

00:00:18,768 --> 00:00:21,229
Không đâu, Kiddo,

00:00:21,312 --> 00:00:23,773
Anh vẫn nghĩ là thậm chí đến lúc này...

00:00:23,857 --> 00:00:26,484
... em cũng đã hiểu ra...

00:00:27,485 --> 00:00:31,197
hành động của anh thường

----

Any help is greatly appreciated.
I found another Vietnamese subtitle file which specifically said it was in Unicode format. Is there any way convert non-unicode .srt to unicode files so XBMC can handle them?
XBMC 9.11 beta1 can handle Vietnamese subtitle correctly in UTF-8. However, XBMC Camelot which was released today can not display vietnamese subtitle correctly even in UTF-8 or Unicode.

So my suggestion that you should roll back to XBMC 9.11 beta1 if you insist on using vietnamese subtitle.

Hope that Camelot will fix this issue as soon as possible
Hi.

I'm still running 9.11 Beta1. So far it only displays vietnamese subtitles correctly as long as they seem to be unicode. They will not display otherwise. Does anyone know how to eventually convert them to unicode or make them show up at all?
unicode subs are fixed in trunk. code only worked on windows (wchar differences). converting to utf-8 should work in any version.
spiff Wrote:unicode subs are fixed in trunk. code only worked on windows (wchar differences). converting to utf-8 should work in any version.

That went a little over my head, im afraid Oo Would you care to elaborate a bit? Thanks.
nothing to elaborate? unicode subs are fixed in trunk. either update to trunk or convert your subs to utf-8.
galleren Wrote:Hi.

I'm still running 9.11 Beta1. So far it only displays vietnamese subtitles correctly as long as they seem to be unicode. They will not display otherwise. Does anyone know how to eventually convert them to unicode or make them show up at all?

If you want to convert many subtitles at one time, try to use Kaboom (google for link download). This tiny software will save you from doing it manually each subtitle. I do convert all my subtitles from diffirent formats to only UTF-8 (around 500 movies) with a single click
nmt1978 Wrote:If you want to convert many subtitles at one time, try to use Kaboom (google for link download). This tiny software will save you from doing it manually each subtitle. I do convert all my subtitles from diffirent formats to only UTF-8 (around 500 movies) with a single click

You're a life saver! Thank you so much.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vietnamese subtitles?0