[LINUX] Only partial ASS subtitle support in XBMC?
Question 
After reading wiki and getting some experience with XBMC i've wondered, why only partial support of ASS functions? XBMC uses the same (or not?) libass as mplayer, that got support of full ASS functions pack. Is it some sort of libass-DVDPlayer integration problem or XBMC just uses outdated version of libass and it could be solved by compiling XBMC with external libass?

P.S. Thanks to devs for such great software, it's the best solution for HTPC, that i colud find. And the only feature i'm missing is support of ASS features like animations, advanced text placement and custom fonts loading. That's why sometimes i'm forced to watch some anime titles in mplayer, because of subtitles become totally unreadable.
Zarbis Wrote:After reading wiki and getting some experience with XBMC i've wondered, why only partial support of ASS functions?
And the only feature i'm missing is support of ASS features like animations, advanced text placement and custom fonts loading. That's why sometimes i'm forced to watch some anime titles in mplayer, because of subtitles become totally unreadable.

What version of XBMC are you using? There have been libASS patches semi-recently..

=darwin
darwin Wrote:What version of XBMC are you using? There have been libASS patches semi-recently..

=darwin
I'm using lastest available in PPA, 9.11 r26018.

Compiled r26413 with --enable-external-libass, got no changes.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Only partial ASS subtitle support in XBMC?0