• 9(current)
[LINUX] HOW-TO get Hama MCE Remote Control to fully work in Ubuntu 9.04
Nice ! I'll report back after I try it out. Thanks for the response..
Do I need to change anything from here: https://github.com/xhaggi/xbmc-eventclient-hama-mce ? to account for the xbmc / kodi directory names? Also, do I need to uninstall lirc first?

EDIT:

SUCCESS! ermagerd thanks SO much! This has been driving me crazy!!!
One last question. I use myth tv for live tv, and I want when I press the "guide" button on the remote, it sometimes brings up the guide, that is not the episode guide and it's annoying. The "e" keypress on an actual keyboard always seems to bring up the correct one. Is there a way to remap this button to send an "e" keypress globally?
This remote client now keeps my Kodi from any type of hibernation or sleep. I try to hibernate and it says "disconnecting hama client", then "reconnecting hama client"

Just seems I can't win with this remote at all. Is there a way to let the computer hibernate with this hama client?
(2015-01-29, 01:35)mikedpitt420 Wrote: This remote client now keeps my Kodi from any type of hibernation or sleep. I try to hibernate and it says "disconnecting hama client", then "reconnecting hama client"

Just seems I can't win with this remote at all. Is there a way to let the computer hibernate with this hama client?

Create a Ticket on Github, and this Keymap got a simple Message as Text: Hama MCE Event Client for XBMC - not for Mythtv. The Keymap will not work for you
Just loaded Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and XBMC V12.3 FRODO.
Now I can't get my MCE Remote Control (RC6 type) to work. Virtually none of the buttons work.
At the start of this thread, it said install lirc which I did. But then it said a configuration screen is shown. I don't get that.
What am I doing wrong?
Do I really need to make a load of detailed config settings to make this work?

Thanks, Andy
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] HOW-TO get Hama MCE Remote Control to fully work in Ubuntu 9.042