Acer Revo, Digital Audio, & No HDMI on receiver
I bought a 4 port HDMI switch at Monoprice that breaks out the audio from the HDMI and sends it to optical and coax ports. Works perfectly but I do get a few seconds delay when starting and unpausing videos. Since this is the only setup I have used I don't know if its the switch doing it or just XBMC over HDMI.
Thumbs Up 
I got this working with the Live distro. I created a custom default entry in one of the config files. Once I did that, I was able to get the turtle beach to be recognized. (and DD/DTS works wonderfully)

I'm at work now, so I'll post the details later tonight unless you find it here on the site somewhere. The steps are somewhere around here if you dig/search...

B
Bobbo, I was unable to find a reference to the config files you mentioned. I would be grateful if you could post it. Also, if you could provide some quick and dirty instructions on how to mod the config files, ftp,ssh, etc. I'm a Windows guy, not completely new to Unix, but certainly rusty at it.
Bobbo, please come back.

Could anyone else provide specific instructions on how to get the Turtle Beach USB card working with the Revo and XBMC Live?
Yes Bobbo - please come back!
Smile 
Ack! Sorry guys. Forgot about this thread. I just created a note to remind myself to check my config when I get home from work this eve. I will post later.

Sorry about the delay. ;-)

B
jakejm79 Wrote:OK I am in exactly the same boat, one thing I have noticed is that the 3610 has a SPDIF optical out, does anyone know if they use the same motherboard, maybe it is something as simple has having to DIY an external SPDIF connector if the header is on the motherboard.

Did you ever come across any info. about adding a Toslink LED to the 3600, I thought the same and found photos of the 3600 and 3610 motherboards and the 3600 has a 4 pin header in the same place there is a SPDIF on the 3610 M/B.

I looked for a Toslink LED but couldn't find one, I wonder if it would work.

I've been looking for a Turtle Beach USB to SPDIF converter but they're not easy to get in the UK.
TheCodeMan Wrote:Could anyone else provide specific instructions on how to get the Turtle Beach USB card working with the Revo and XBMC Live?

OK, in the System/Audio settings, what are the options you have under the Audio Output Device and Audio Passthrough Device?

Make you had the Turtle Beach device plugged in to the USB port before you turned on the system...

Do you have the option of selecting iec958 for either of those two settings? If so, select it for both. Make sure Audio Output is set to Digital and both DD and DTS are enabled.
I have checked and I have neither. I used the XBMC Live on Revo guide that shows how to install on a USB key and boot from it. Is that how you are using it? I have nothing to select under my audio settings. I had to manually type in hdmi for both and it works. When I boot with the Turtle Beach in, there is no indication that it is being found. I just assumed I would manually have to modify my audio config files.
I read that guide. I actually installed from a USB drive, however I installed Live TO an SD card. I'm not running Live from my USB.

Just like you manually created your HDMI setting, try setting those options like this instead:

custom audio device: plughw:0,1

custom passthrough device: plughw:0,1

You can also always get to a command prompt and type in: aplay -l
That's a lower case L... That will give you a list of the devices that XBMC can see and what the assignments are.
What size is your SD card? Can you tell me how to access the command prompt from within XBMC Live?
Ok so I am having a problem still, AC3 plays at full level with no control from the revo
DTS is muted and PCM plays just fine. I have my revo going to my TV to my receiver

hdmi to the TV optical to the reciever. any ideas?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Acer Revo, Digital Audio, & No HDMI on receiver0