Library file or folder maintenance
I'm doing some file moving around and ditching on older drive from my system. As a result about 60 movies will be moved to a new drive and all tv episodes will be on a networked computer.
Is there a way to tell xbmc that the files have just been moved? What I want to avoid is it finding all the new files, and also leaving all the old files. (Also I like keeping what has been watched, and what is "new")

tnx
The best way is to export the library to files and then import it again when you ahve moved the data.

This is exporting the fanart etc
Having problems getting your TV shows recognized?

Try my extra TV show matching REGEX here
I'm guessing I can import the whole library (and all of the exported library files) all at once with the import command--I won't have to import each file individually.

But will the "import" actually clean up all of the exported library files if I do this? Or will the files stay behind forever (until I manually delete them?)

Actually, is there any harm to the files staying behind forever, or is this just a sensible way to back up your XBMC database?
No you will need to export all the files to files beside your movies then reimport them by adding a new source on the new path
Having problems getting your TV shows recognized?

Try my extra TV show matching REGEX here

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library file or folder maintenance0