how to disable bootscreen on ion asrock 330?
Hi,
do you have any idea how to disable the bootscreen with the different options F6 F11 etc. on ion asrock 330Huh?

I was unable to find the option in the bios. the screen take almost 10 second and thats lost time.
thanks for help.
Have you counted with a stopwatch? It's more like 2 seconds on my system..
There are custom boot screens you can get to upgrade to the latest bios & also have an xbmc logo there (very cool):
The thread about this is here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=56324
It works great on my system.
Yes thanks, I already did 3 weeks ago. On my Ion it take a bit longer. I count with my watch.
I you have a clue how to change that I would appreciate.
cheers
That doesn't sound right taking 10 seconds might be something wrong with your system, I'd suggest updating the bios to the latest version and load the default settings.

Mine is the same as finite3 it only takes 2 seconds

As for turning off the boot screen go into the bios and into the "boot" tab, select "boot settings configuration" now select "full screen logo" and set it to disabled.
Starstream Wrote:That doesn't sound right taking 10 seconds might be something wrong with your system, I'd suggest updating the bios to the latest version and load the default settings.

Mine is the same as finite3 it only takes 2 seconds

As for turning off the boot screen go into the bios and into the "boot" tab, select "boot settings configuration" now select "full screen logo" and set it to disabled.

thanks... now I found this option in the bios. Yes the booting time of my maschine take a bit to long. its about 45 sec from pressing the Power button. I tried everything but it did not help. I´m not familar with ubuntu so I have to accept that.
regards.
Ubuntu as far as I know has no bearing on the bios post which is what we are talking about.

If the bios post is taking 10 seconds it could be bios or hardware related - bad hardware like RAM or something incompatible is plugged in etc.
Try changing boot order, make sure it boots to hdd first, mine took a bit linger if I had a non-bootable cd in the drive and it was set to boot from cd first in bios.
Mine is 2 sec as well.

Regarding ubuntu and grub, you can change it to boot default choice in 2 sec instead of the standard 10 sec, but that's another issue entirely ;-)
ynwa

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how to disable bootscreen on ion asrock 330?0