NZB Video Streamer script in development, help wanted...
Don't know if I should ask it here and if I am wrong on some point on this reply. But I go ahead anyway.
You will also making it compatible with addons system? Or is there already one. And why it is there only a topic on development thread and not in Plugin/Script (Python) Help and Support. Since it is already been released?
And I notice you could download in the background. But this will stop when exiting the plugin? If so, if you would make it a script than this would be possible. Although I don't know for sure if this is impossible on a plugin. And I wish it was possible to download the files in a directory of your choice.
And a request to be able to watch a folder for .nzb files. But I would think this this should be a script than. You could auto start in background when starting up XBMC.
Here is a desperate plea for someone with some python knowledge to make this compatible with Dharma and Ubuntu. I'll name my first born son after you. Or maybe my next dog.
I saw in another thread that there may not be any way to do this since Matt used the old mplayer in order to make it work,which was removed from Dharma. I don't know if that's actually the case and I'll see if I can find the post to reference.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=643...tcount=124
This program seems to work quite well:
http://www.lemoncube.com/458.html
It would be difficult to use it as a 'backend'?
That looks very promising... I think I know what I'll be looking at over my holiday free time Wink Thanks for the heads up, hirs.
maruchan, Thanks for all of your work thus far. In the post mr. b referenced, you note that:

"LtChambers created an NZB streaming add-on awhile back, but it used features of XBMC that have since been removed (MPlayer has been replaced by DVDPlayer.) "

According to my modest research including asking on #XBMC, dvdplayer has replaced mplayer for quite sometime. The NZB streamer script was last reported working 6 months ago. Is it possible that you are incorrect about the script no longer being applicable? If so, would it perhaps be that the script simply needs to be updated to support the add ons model to work in dharma?

Thanks.
I'm not entirely sure, but when I asked Spiff on IRC he said that feature was only present in MPlayer. Also, LtChambers posted this early in the thread:

Code:
video_url = "rar://C%3A%5Ctest%5Cnzb/movie.mkv"
xbmc.Player([b]xbmc.PLAYER_CORE_MPLAYER[/b]).play(video_url)

Either way, I'll have some time off soon and I intend on looking into solutions to this. I think it would be a killer feature to have working.
I have made some progress in this area and now have an add-on that communicates with a stand alone standard SABnzbd install and streams rars while they are downloading... will post the add-on once the code has been cleaned up a bit.
interesting... will this be in the main repo?
This sounds great, I can't wait to try it out Smile Does it work under Windows?
Excited to see it! Streaming video is the only thing thats keeping my parents with Netflix.
Server - Debain Squeeze Server + 6TB RAID5 + Sabnzbd + CP & SB
HTPC - Zotac MAG + 60GB Vertex 2 SSD + OpenELEC Frodo 12.1 + Aeon Nox
HTPC 2 - AppleTV 2
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=82948
not sure but the greader streamer might stream nzb
still looking for a NZB streamer
Ok, an update. I have made a script that lists the rss feed from nzbs.or or nzb.su. When selecting a post SABnzbd is triggered to start the download. Once the first rar .is home, the movie starts to play. Im trying to make the code modularized so others can do streamers for their favorite nzb sites. Just got to find some more time to clean up for beta release...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NZB Video Streamer script in development, help wanted...0