No Video
Just downloaded and installed XBMC. Audio works but I get no video. I've tried mkv, avi and the apple movie trailers and I don't get video for anything.

I have win7 64 and a Radeon HD3450. Everything works in windows media center.

Any ideas?
Answered a thousand times ... search!
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Seth,
I fixed my problem by downloading the Dirext X Redistributable from Microsoft's download page (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...laylang=en). I found the answer after looking through about 20 or more threads on these forums. It was found here (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ight=black).

WISo, I understand how irritating it can be to see the same questions posted over and over again. Plus the fact that I'm sure you are an unpaid team member which probably makes you feel like your time was wasted answering those repetitive redundant questions only to see the same bloody one asked again but the blame for not wanting to use search isn't wholly the forum member's fault. I had to use several different "key words" before I was able to get search to give me the desired effect and then I looked through a few posts before I actually found a solution. I KNOW (caps for emphasis) it's frustrating when you work hard for no pay. I did it on a project I worked on and it gets to you after awhile. That aside, just linking to the "search" page isn't very helpful.

As has been stated by many open source project members "support is a thankless job" but the forum software authors could help out by making a more intelligent search system. Even what I consider the best forum software, Simple Machines Forums, still has a crappy search feature.

Anyway, thanks for a great product. I've been thinking about using XBMC on a dedicated HTPC for some time. I have played with it on a desktop and found it to be very easy to use but it's clearly designed for the home theatre where it works great.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Video0