[MAC] Cannot make my Harmony works with Camelot under Snow Leopard 10.6.2
Hello everyone,

I've an issue to make my Harmony 1100 works with Camelot. I'm using a Mac Mini with Snow Leopard 10.6.2. I've properly choosed Multi remote (Harmony) from XBMC but, still, it refuses to work.

In the log, each time I strike a button on my remote (properly configured with the "PlexPlayer" profile), I've this :

ERROR: ES: Could not map MCUR : Down to a key

"Down" is because I use the down button.

Any idea ?

Thanks for your help ! XBMC is the best one, definitely ;-)

Alexandre
More information: previously, I had PLEX installed on my system. Can it be possible that I've now this strange behavior because I had PLEX installed before ? I've uninstalled it by placing the icon in the trash... but maybe there is more to clean in order not to interfere with XBMC ?

I'm quite lost... and hope I'll not have to reinstall a clean system ! I've tried some other things on my iMac and I've exactly the same situation... Either the remote is not took into consideration, or I've this error message.

Can someone help me ? I really don't want to go back to plex :-(

Thanks a lot,

Alexandre
thisisalexandre Wrote:More information: previously, I had PLEX installed on my system. Can it be possible that I've now this strange behavior because I had PLEX installed before ? I've uninstalled it by placing the icon in the trash... but maybe there is more to clean in order not to interfere with XBMC ?

I'm quite lost... and hope I'll not have to reinstall a clean system ! I've tried some other things on my iMac and I've exactly the same situation... Either the remote is not took into consideration, or I've this error message.

Can someone help me ? I really don't want to go back to plex :-(

Thanks a lot,

Alexandre

if plexhelper is running, it will confuse everything. also running plex will kill xbmchelper, bad, bad plex.
davilla Wrote:if plexhelper is running, it will confuse everything. also running plex will kill xbmchelper, bad, bad plex.

Of course, that is why I completely uninstalled PLEX, no plexhelper is running.

Still, I don't know why the remote is not properly handled.
sounds like a Harmony keymap problem, there's a few other threads about Harmony keymap issues.
thisisalexandre Wrote:ERROR: ES: Could not map MCUR : Down to a key

"Down" is because I use the down button.

Any idea ?

Hm, this pretty much sounds like PlexHelper is still running (XBMCHelper does not send "Down" events, we're still stuck with button IDs).

open up a terminal and do:
Code:
ps aux | grep -i plex

might want to post the output here.
If there's PlexHelper running even after reboot, you'll need to find the plist that launches it.

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
MaestroDD Wrote:Hm, this pretty much sounds like PlexHelper is still running (XBMCHelper does not send "Down" events, we're still stuck with button IDs).

open up a terminal and do:
Code:
ps aux | grep -i plex

might want to post the output here.
If there's PlexHelper running even after reboot, you'll need to find the plist that launches it.

You are good Man, even if I had no doubt at all ;-)))

This f*****g process is still there !!! Since I was in my past a Windows guy, I'm not yet quite used to all tips & tricks under OSX. What is the best way to find this plist and modify it ?

Thanks again... Maybe I'll finally be able to solve my issue after all !

Alexandre
thisisalexandre Wrote:You are good Man, even if I had no doubt at all ;-)))

This f*****g process is still there !!! Since I was in my past a Windows guy, I'm not yet quite used to all tips & tricks under OSX. What is the best way to find this plist and modify it ?

Thanks again... Maybe I'll finally be able to solve my issue after all !

Alexandre

quick googling for plexhelper and plist brought ~/Library/LaunchAgents/com.plexapp.helper.plist up, so

Code:
rm ~/Library/LaunchAgents/com.plexapp.helper.plist
should remove it from autostart.

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] Cannot make my Harmony works with Camelot under Snow Leopard 10.6.20