Improvment suggestion for Library
Hi!

I have a lot of non-English movies in my database, and when i update my movie library with one of these the best case scenario is that i get bad info, for example only the movie title, or more common, no info found at all so the movie doesn't appear in my library.
The only solution i had com up to today is to individually set content for every movie that doesn't match the primary scraper. My opinion is that this is very inconvenient.
The real problem is of course that it doesn't exist a scraper that have good information about all movies, but that we can't do anything about that, sad to say.

So, my suggestion is to add some more functions to the gui in the movie database.
For example; When you bring up the Info page of a movie you have the option to update info, but you can only search with predefined scraper so here I would like to add the option to choose witch scraper I will search with!
It would be a much easier way to keep a nice movie database.
As a extension of this function i would like the option to search in several (choosable) scraper at once when i update the library for new movies, and XBMC should automatically pick the best match/most info.

Link to trac ticket: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/8380

Thank you for reading my suggestion!

[SIZE="1"]I apologize if this already been asked for, but i didn't find anything when i searched.[/SIZE]
What you can do now is put an nfo containing the url in the movie folder (see the online manual).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
sho Wrote:What you can do now is put an nfo containing the url in the movie folder (see the online manual).

True, but that is also a workaround witch isn't very convenient.
I guess the problem appears more often if you have movies in different languages, if you only have english movies it's no problem to find one good scraper.
OpenSubtitles OSD script have a very nice function to search multiple sources, something like that is what i see in my head. It should not be to advanced to add the necessary code and it should work quite smooth.
My wife and I also have a lot of non-english movies (mostly Russian). The best idea that I can come up with is use a different folder structure that would allow you to add the source separately.
For Example:
Videos -> Movies -> [Movie Name] --- (add this to scrape with TMDB)
Videos -> Movies-Russian -> [Movie Name) --- (add this to scrape with whichever works best in my case IMDB since I prefer the English Titles)

Edit - Another advantage is that there are fewer entries in each Source so "problem" titles are easier to track down.

Also...In files view you can change the Scraper used on a subfolder by subfolder basis (didn't know if you knew that)

Basically in summary. All the fuctionality you are looking for is actually in XBMC, though perhaps not as obvous as it could be.
Using profiles is another possibility.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Yo I was was going to comment on this last night night but was too tired, but I would do exactly what mikeandjeny do. All you need to do is dump all your other language movies into a different folder and add a new source. Then all you have to do is select the scraper settings for that source.

Easy peasy.

If you have any questions on how to do that I can walk you through it.

Cheers,
Robbie
crash123 Wrote:Yo I was was going to comment on this last night night but was too tired, but I would do exactly what mikeandjeny do. All you need to do is dump all your other language movies into a different folder and add a new source. Then all you have to do is select the scraper settings for that source.

Easy peasy.

If you have any questions on how to do that I can walk you through it.

Cheers,
Robbie

That's a better workaround, I shall try this out in the weekend! Thanks to both of you.
It will fix my most common problem with swe and eng movies.
The rest i guess i must fix manually with a nfo file.

Still I think my first suggestion would be a good improvement (exept for swe & eng movies I also have french, russian and german, but that isn't very common) but I understand that it's not on top of the priority list.Rolleyes
Sometimes I wish I had some knowledge in programming, so I could help out a bit.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Improvment suggestion for Library0