Which ion board?
iosonogio Wrote:Ok, probably Flash wont be running so good on Linux Smile

What ION CPU do you have that allows you to watch blue ray smooth ?

thx Smile

I have a dual core model (the Atom 330 or whatever it is) running XBMCbuntu.

I think any ION has enough power for Blu Ray level playback- it is all in the GPU.

Here is my build thread:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=71784
iosonogio Wrote:Ok, probably Flash wont be running so good on Linux Smile

What ION CPU do you have that allows you to watch blue ray smooth ?

thx Smile

I have a 330 running vista mce that plays BD ISO's just like you read about, I am not really sure that the cpu really matters that much though since decoding is offloaded to the GPU.

My next box is going to be based around a single core Atom though.
And oh yeah, I'd like to keep torrents going on the background while watching my 1080p on XBMC.
So you suggest dual core for such job dont you? Smile
iosonogio Wrote:And oh yeah, I'd like to keep torrents going on the background while watching my 1080p on XBMC.
So you suggest dual core for such job dont you? Smile

Nah, it'll run fine on ATOM.

I'm using a ION Board with a 330 ATOM CPU, and it runs 1080p and torrents without breaking a sweat. Only thing that slows it, is the hashchecking done by rtorrent whenever something is downloaded.

The system is more or less unusable while it's hashchecking anything more than maybe 1GB. This might be because my rtorrent-settings is crappy - I haven't really looked into it, since it rarely happens (and when it does, hashchecking doesn't take that long anyway).
ASRock ION 330, Lucid Lynx, XBMC Dharma (beta 2)
jonassw Wrote:Nah, it'll run fine on ATOM.

Yeah, I meant a "dual core" ATOM indeed.

That is: dual core Atom 330 vs single core Atom 230.
I have the Zotac IonITX-G-E, which is the 330, with 2g ram, and it's more than sufficient for watching 1080p mkvs while running transmission, sabnzbd+ and serving files to another computer. It might get a little unresponsive if sab is post-processing files while I'm trying to navigate the menu, but that's about it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which ion board?0