• 6(current)
[AppleTV] Compiling crystalhd-for-osx Lib/Kext
96081a9723e3df4804cde18b0451a058 XBMC_26455.dmg
I have a few questions about the crystalhd switch.
1: which branches support this?
2: are the required headers part of SVN or would I have to do this manually? [which is bad]
3: if I compile with the --enable-crystalhd switch will it bork if you do not have a crystalhd card?

I'd have no problems encorporating this into my night builds if everything is already included with SVN and won't hork the 99% of the people that do not need the switch/headers integrated.

If this is a special thing that requires adding files to my local svn repository and or has issues with the standard running of XBMC then I'll consider making a few special builds but keeping them seperate from my SVN builds as I do not nor will not muck with the SVN builds.
Anyway let me know.

Craig
Main Rig [Scorpius] - Core i7 2600k @ 5Ghz. 16 Gig DDR3 1600. 1x HD 6990 1x HD 4870 Hackintosh [Chiana] - Core i5 @ 3.8Ghz. 12 Gig DDR3 Linux [Moya] - Core2 Duo E8200 - 2 Gigs DDR2 800 WHS [Zhaan] - DualCore [email protected] - 4 Gigs DDR2 800 VMC [Jothee] Core2 Quad @ 2.8Ghz 4 Gigs DDR2 800 VMC [Aeryn] Core2 E8400 @ 3.0Ghz 2 Gigs DDR2 800 2TB Server [Talyn] Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.0Ghz - 8 Gigs DDR2 1066 FileServer [Crichton] P4 650 3.4GHz - 2 Gigs DDR
Thumbs Up 
A Milton Wrote:I can host it for a while. I renamed the dmg, but it's the same one that Cybernation hosted. Perhaps Cybernation could post a md5sum of the original file, that way you could check.

http://xbmc.andersmilton.com/XBMC_OSX_Cr...nation.dmg

Tnx A Milton for hosting the file!
duke748 Wrote:..... Can't .... Wait .... Must .... Tinker .....

hahaha.
TheQuestor Wrote:I have a few questions about the crystalhd switch.
1: which branches support this?
2: are the required headers part of SVN or would I have to do this manually? [which is bad]
3: if I compile with the --enable-crystalhd switch will it bork if you do not have a crystalhd card?

1) OS X and Linux. Windows I don't know

2) You have to have the headers installed on your machine, see http://code.google.com/p/crystalhd-for-osx/

3) --enable-crystalhd is not required anymore, it's on by default. You have to go to XBMC settings to activate Crystal HD rendering, so I don't think it should bork anything.
Apple TV with Broadcom Crystal HD
A Milton Wrote:Don't. It works! Thanks a bunch!

Yes, it works!
Thanks to everybody..finally i can get rid of my external Hd.
A Milton..i'm happy that i'm not the only lazy one that have give up with the build Big Grin
gangsta75 Wrote:A Milton..i'm happy that i'm not the only lazy one that have give up with the build Big Grin

Hah! I haven't given up! I've spent so many hours on it now that I _have_ to compile it. My machine is happily compiling the ports. Happily and slowly Smile
A Milton Wrote:1) OS X and Linux. Windows I don't know

2) You have to have the headers installed on your machine, see http://code.google.com/p/crystalhd-for-osx/

3) --enable-crystalhd is not required anymore, it's on by default. You have to go to XBMC settings to activate Crystal HD rendering, so I don't think it should bork anything.

Not a great fan of adding more kext's to my hackintosh lol but if XBMC knows to skip the calls if the card isn't present then it is not so bad. Plus I have no way to test it as I doubt I will ever buy one of these cards just to be able to compile. Well actually I'd be willing to get one or two if they are cheap enough and I can find WHERE to buy them.

Where do I find the pricing on these things?

Craig
Main Rig [Scorpius] - Core i7 2600k @ 5Ghz. 16 Gig DDR3 1600. 1x HD 6990 1x HD 4870 Hackintosh [Chiana] - Core i5 @ 3.8Ghz. 12 Gig DDR3 Linux [Moya] - Core2 Duo E8200 - 2 Gigs DDR2 800 WHS [Zhaan] - DualCore [email protected] - 4 Gigs DDR2 800 VMC [Jothee] Core2 Quad @ 2.8Ghz 4 Gigs DDR2 800 VMC [Aeryn] Core2 E8400 @ 3.0Ghz 2 Gigs DDR2 800 2TB Server [Talyn] Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.0Ghz - 8 Gigs DDR2 1066 FileServer [Crichton] P4 650 3.4GHz - 2 Gigs DDR
A Milton Wrote:Hah! I haven't given up! I've spent so many hours on it now that I _have_ to compile it. My machine is happily compiling the ports. Happily and slowly Smile

nooooooooooo please, give up!!Big Grin

anyway, switching from ubuntu to osx i return to feel the sluggishness of gui again (with Rapier skin).. on Linux it was soo smoother.
Many thanks again to everybody.. i can't believe XBMC+FullHD on my cheap Atv.
Thanks Cybernation for building and A Milton for hosting the dmg.
TheQuestor Wrote:Not a great fan of adding more kext's to my hackintosh lol but if XBMC knows to skip the calls if the card isn't present then it is not so bad. Plus I have no way to test it as I doubt I will ever buy one of these cards just to be able to compile. Well actually I'd be willing to get one or two if they are cheap enough and I can find WHERE to buy them.

Where do I find the pricing on these things?

Craig

You would probably not need to install the kext, just the headers (and lib?). I found mine on eBay, bcm70012 (or bcm970012). Mini PCI-e, so be sure to have slot for it Smile

$21 - $24 is the usual price on eBay, from what I've heard. I think, since you seem to be in the US, that there might be some other, pricier, option than eBay for you as well.
A Milton Wrote:"You have to go to XBMC settings to activate Crystal HD rendering, so I don't think it should bork anything."

Does this option only show up if the hardware is found?

I ask because I downloaded the DMG and ran it on my Mac Pro and can't find / didn't see the option...

Thanks
agehring Wrote:Does this option only show up if the hardware is found?

I ask because I downloaded the DMG and ran it on my Mac Pro and can't find / didn't see the option...

Thanks

Doesn't show on my MBP either, so I guess it only shows if the card is installed.

"System -> Video -> Playback -> Render method" is where it should be.
agehring Wrote:Does this option only show up if the hardware is found?

Thanks

No /usr/lib/libcrystalhd.dylib or no BroadcomCrystalHD.kext loaded, then Crystal HD will NOT show up as a rendering option.
Can someone tell me how I would go about installing this dmg on my ATV? I have Nito and xbmc/boxee with ssh access, and have compiled and installed the crystalHD kext and libs (with card installed, of course).

Sorry/Thanks
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] Compiling crystalhd-for-osx Lib/Kext0