[WINDOWS] I can't change resolution in Camelot
Just downloaded the official Camelot release, but i can't change the resolution.
My only choice is my screens native (1360x768) or window mode.
I really need to set the resolution to 1080p, or my tv (pioneer pdp 508xd) doesn't recognize the signal as "video" and handle it wrong.
I've searched for hours, but the only threads who was close was all about linux...Oo
I also got an idea that i could fix something in my advanced settings file, but i dont have that anymoreConfused

Dosen't camelot support resolution changing anymore?
I think it just uses the resolution the desktop is set to.....Have you changed the resolution in your video card's control panel to 1920x1080 ??
Mallet21 Wrote:I think it just uses the resolution the desktop is set to.....Have you changed the resolution in your video card's control panel to 1920x1080 ??

Yes, but in the previous version (e.g. 22516) i could have my desktop resolution to 1360x768, so everything looked good in windows environment, then i xbmc i set res. to 1080p (and i had a lot diffrent res. to choose from) so every time xbmc was launched, it changed resolution to 1080p so me and my TV could stay happy.
i am just sticking to the previous version of xbmc, when they finally add the feature back i will upgrade

that is what you should do
i love xbmc
kevcampbell Wrote:i am just sticking to the previous version of xbmc, when they finally add the feature back i will upgrade

that is what you should do

yeah, that is what i do for nowNo
I'm honestly not sure that feature is coming back. The change went in with the switch over to DX. You might try installing the openGL version found here.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=62109
It won't make any difference.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Change the resolution in your guisettings.xml
Waffa Wrote:Change the resolution in your guisettings.xml

Tried that, no differ for me.
Did it work for you?
It is not supported, simple as that. XBMC only uses your desktop resolution. A simple workaround is changing the desktop resolution prior to launching XBMC - I'm sure there are utilities available to do that.

A patch would be considered, but to be quite honest the patch would have to clean a lot of the code up which probably isn't something someone unfamiliar with the XBMC codebase would want to do - that stuff in particular is... icky.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Try Res, it's free, and will allow you to switch resolutions...
http://www.memecode.com/res.php
Then just create a batch file that runs it, then XBMC, then it again to switch back. Modify as needed.

Start_XBMC.cmd
Code:
@Echo Off
c:\Path_To_Res\res -x 1280 -y 720 -bpp 32 -refresh 60
start "XBMC" /WAIT "C:\Path_To_XBMC\xbmc.exe"
c:\Path_To_Res\res -x 1920 -y 1080 -bpp 32 -refresh 60
nathanjones Wrote:Try Res, it's free, and will allow you to switch resolutions...
http://www.memecode.com/res.php
Then just create a batch file that runs it, then XBMC, then it again to switch back. Modify as needed.

Start_XBMC.cmd
Code:
@Echo Off
c:\Path_To_Res\res -x 1280 -y 720 -bpp 32 -refresh 60
c:\Path_To_Res\res -x 1920 -y 1080 -bpp 32 -refresh 60

that works well, the feature in xbmc would be better though

as far as that application goes is there a way to run the command so that you do not have to press any button to continue

so that i can just click nameoffile.cmd and it just starts xbmc and does the resolution stuff
i love xbmc
Oh crap, you're right, sorry about that, I didn't even notice the pause afterwards. I'm not sure how lenient the LGPL is, otherwise I could just re-compile it without the pause, but rather than that, try qres:
http://home.no/aksoftware/

And then you can make the cmd file look like this:
Code:
@Echo Off
c:\Path_To_QRes\qres /x:1280 /y:720
c:\Path_To_QRes\qres /x:1920 /y:1080

That worked fine on my system,but you may have to specify colour depth and refresh rate. So your command-line might be:
qres /X:1280 /y:720 /C:32 /R:60

Sorry again for the runaround.
i think i like res more

less confusing and more simple, is there instructions on how to edit so that it does not pause or whatever it does?

if you do not have the time i could try but no idea howBig Grin
i love xbmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] I can't change resolution in Camelot0