Questions about skins and resolution on mac mini
Hello everyone. I have only just found how awesome XBMC is. I downloaded it the other day and have had a little play around. And so far all mt media center dreams have come true.

I've stuck it on a first gen mac mini 1.42 with a gig stick of ram in it, and so far so very good.

Do have two questions if anyone can help. firstly does anyone know a good or better free screen res programme to set the mini to 1280x720p.

Secondly what the deuce am I doing wrong with the skins. I've tried to download aeon and a couple of others and dont seem to have any luck. A .rar came down but that didnt unstuff.

feel free to laugh and point if you want.
fullfatcream Wrote:Hello everyone. I have only just found how awesome XBMC is. I downloaded it the other day and have had a little play around. And so far all mt media center dreams have come true.

I've stuck it on a first gen mac mini 1.42 with a gig stick of ram in it, and so far so very good.

Do have two questions if anyone can help. firstly does anyone know a good or better free screen res programme to set the mini to 1280x720p.

Secondly what the deuce am I doing wrong with the skins. I've tried to download aeon and a couple of others and dont seem to have any luck. A .rar came down but that didnt unstuff.

feel free to laugh and point if you want.

You want something like "Unrar" to open those: http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/15272

Once you 'unrar' the packages you'll need to put the new skin folder in the user/application support/xbmc/skins folder, then start the program, go to the system prefs and select appearance, then change the skin. It will then take a few seconds to load.

To change the resolution just go to the Mac's system prefs. (Your options depend on what display you are plugged into and with what cable.) To change your options, go to the Mac's system preferences, select Displays set the mini to whatever resolutions are available.
- Blackstar
great stuff have now sorted out the skin problem thanks. Aeon is looking every bit as good as I hoped.

Res is still a problem the best size in my prefs is 1366x768 was looking to get the correct 1280x720. or am I worried about this for no reason.

Anther little question thats cropped up is that watching a backed up dvd in front row on my mac mini it plays the english sound track however in XBMC is a mix of French and hard of hearing. Is this something that can be sorted with ease?
fullfatcream Wrote:great stuff have now sorted out the skin problem thanks. Aeon is looking every bit as good as I hoped.

Res is still a problem the best size in my prefs is 1366x768 was looking to get the correct 1280x720. or am I worried about this for no reason.

Anther little question thats cropped up is that watching a backed up dvd in front row on my mac mini it plays the english sound track however in XBMC is a mix of French and hard of hearing. Is this something that can be sorted with ease?

You're worried for no reason. Wink

Default resolutions for 720p HDTV's is 1366x768. Most TV's chop off 3 pixels on the left and right to give you a sharper edge; so it might show 1360x768.

This panel resolution is to accommodate video overscan, it's perfectly normal.
- Blackstar
In that case all sorted thanks for the help guys

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Questions about skins and resolution on mac mini0